Singapore Expats Forum

PEP holder applying for parents' LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
soundmeister

PEP holder applying for parents' LTVP

Postby soundmeister » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 9:47 pm

Hi,

I applied for a PEP last week and this morning got a call from MOM confirming that my application has been approved and that I would receive the approval letter in a week or two. Yay! Take that, recession :D

I had a question- as a PEP holder can I apply for an Long Term Visit Pass for my parents without my company supporting my application? There is a section in the LTVP application form that requires EP holder's company to fill in a section as the "local sponsor".

Is this required to be filled in for a PEP holder as well? Or can I apply without this? (My company only accepts wife and children as dependants, not parents).

Anyone with similar experience please advise.

soundmeister

Bump!

Postby soundmeister » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 3:05 pm

I need help people...please!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:15 pm

As the PEP has only been around for a year at max, I'm not too sure. My advice? Call MOM and ask them as I seriously doubt that anybody here has gotten that far yet. Most would be too afraid to spend a lot of money bring parents over only to be out of work due to the recession. The more people here you have to support the faster the drain on the personal finances. Even though you have gotten a job paying the requisite moneys, it doesn't mean it's an iron ricebowl. You also need to earn at least 30k/yr in order to keep it and you have to file annually to verify the earnings.

But, that said, give MOM a call or better yet, visit them and take the time to request an interview with an Officer, not one of the front line staff.

sms

soundmeister

Postby soundmeister » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:44 pm

You bet, SMS. Thanks for the reply.

Hir0ki

LTVP without company sponsorship

Postby Hir0ki » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 6:59 pm

Hi soundmeister - were you able to apply for the LTVP without company sponsorship? If so, what's the procedure? Thanks in advance - Hiroki
猿も木から落ちる。

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Fri, 26 Jun 2009 7:28 pm

On the orginal form it has a space for LTVP ie parents etc. You should of fill it in then would of been I guess.

But then again, I am sure you wanted to keep it simple from an approval point of view.
Zeenit