I've tried advertising for musicians here before with little luck, but here goes.....
Our drummer cannot make some upcoming gigs and may need to leave the band.
What we are:
- a four-piece band, age in our 40s
- half local, half Westerners
- play 70s rock and hard blues ala Cream, Stones, Hendrix, SRV, etc.
- we all have day jobs and do this for fun, but we also make money at it
We want to diversify our sound and sets with crowd-pleasers that are not overplayed, like is done by so many bands here in Singapore.
We play some hard and loud music and are balancing that with R&B, Funk and popular songs. We are not limited to the 70s, we'll play anything that fits our concept and that we enjoy playing.
What we are not:
- Just another band playing the same music as every other band. We look to play similar but different classic music, the way it is meant to be played. We all have a lot of experience having played in different bands.
- Simply a cover band; we play covers but add our own qualities to the music we play
- We do not play emo, Guns&Roses, or any of that melancoly crap you hear on Orchard Road. There are tons of bands already who play that stuff.
What we're looking for:
- a tight drummer
- a player who is fun to play with, and who has no attitude issues
- a player who can learn songs and can also jam and improvise
- a musician with considerable experience playing live
- someone who can play gigs once a week or once-twice a month
- someone with similar tastes and can bring a new angle to the band
What we are *not* looking for:
- people not at our level of musicianship
- dreamers, i.e. people who can't really play but want to (auditioning is time-consuming so let's not waste each other's time)
- players under 30 (the musical differences are too great in most cases, but we'd consider someone if they really felt it would be a good match)
- drummers who cannot keep time, speed-up or slow-down
Our guitarist is very good, we have a growing fan base, and are aiming for a unique sound by way of the choice of music we cover.
We've got some upcoming gigs we need to prepare for, so the sooner the better.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you! PM me.
(and yes, I've advertised this in Soft)