Anton Casey calling MRT commuters "poor people"

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Post Reply
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:53 am

This blew up day before yesterday or so ..

Well, the 'inside' sources say he has shares in SPH etc, and is being 'protected' .. so to say .. not sure ..

and a few took offense to his sincerity in engaging a PR firm to apologise ..

as for the security breech, if it was me, I would try to find out which of my friend's ratted on me .. and pushed him into the news zone

PS: anybody following SMRT Ltd FB will have more entertaining news ..

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 9:42 am

Post by Fortan » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:20 am

I've seen this kind of comments from all over the world. Arrogance and lack of respect for other people comes to mind. For me there is nothing racist in the comments but you'd be seriously stupid to comment something like that, even on a closed facebook. My parents always told me never to write anything that I didn't want to be confronted with again - even if it was before the internet, that still makes sense. I do think the reaction from the public is well and truly gone into overdrive and is exaggerated. There are a-holes everywhere. Everyone knows it - so move on....

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:22 am

Fortan wrote:......
For Facebook, I also learnt it is not healthy to even click "LIKE" on controversial stuff ..

In an Asian country nearby - even liking a seditious post can let you be charged - or so the law goes ..

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 9:44 pm

Post by PrimroseHill » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:27 am

seriously gives foreigners a bad name. Not all of us are like that and now we are all tar with the same brush

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8358
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:32 am

ecureilx wrote:
Fortan wrote:......
For Facebook, I also learnt it is not healthy to even click "LIKE" on controversial stuff ..
Image
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 9:42 am

Post by Fortan » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:37 am

I'd like to add that I am one of those Ang Moh's who take the bus every single day. AND I enjoy it.... :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:41 am

nakatago wrote: ...
+1

you summed it up ..

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9915
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:15 pm

I am amazed how many regulars are concerned about what some douchebag did or had to say. I was not even aware of his existence before opening this thread. You poor people commuting MRT have really strange interests. Fortunately I ride a motorbike.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:20 pm

I hadn't heard of his either, but the xenophobic reader comments are everyday, and something many of us will be used to.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:37 pm

x9200 wrote:I am amazed how many regulars are concerned about what some douchebag did or had to say. I was not even aware of his existence before opening this thread. You poor people commuting MRT have really strange interests. Fortunately I ride a motorbike.
he got popular because of the many troll sites ..

heck recently in the MRT there was a lady defending her immediate zone, and if anybody got near her, she was giving them 'the looks'

Poor me had to move into her Zone, till she hissed louder than a Cobra and moved away .. seems she needed her "SPACE" in the MRT

that didn't bother me though .. but I felt it was funny in a way .. she should 'charter' her own carriage if she wanted space..

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:44 pm

ecureilx wrote:
x9200 wrote:I am amazed how many regulars are concerned about what some douchebag did or had to say. I was not even aware of his existence before opening this thread. You poor people commuting MRT have really strange interests. Fortunately I ride a motorbike.
he got popular because of the many troll sites ..

heck recently in the MRT there was a lady defending her immediate zone, and if anybody got near her, she was giving them 'the looks'

Poor me had to move into her Zone, till she hissed louder than a Cobra and moved away .. seems she needed her "SPACE" in the MRT

that didn't bother me though .. but I felt it was funny in a way .. she should 'charter' her own carriage if she wanted space..
I don't understand. If she is seated, anyone has the right to sit next to her if the seat is available, no?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:46 pm

the lynx wrote:that didn't bother me though .. but I felt it was funny in a way .. she should 'charter' her own carriage if she wanted space..
I don't understand. If she is seated, anyone has the right to sit next to her if the seat is available, no?[/quote]

no, she was standing and making sure nobody gets within a feet of her space :)

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3505
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 5:19 pm
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Post by Saint » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 1:57 pm

Fortan wrote:I'd like to add that I am one of those Ang Moh's who take the bus every single day. AND I enjoy it.... :)
Same!

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 9:44 pm

Post by PrimroseHill » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 2:10 pm

I take the MRT everyday. I am yellow oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh no :( :cry:

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 2:17 pm

I ride motorbike, but weekends no choice, have to take MRT.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests