Singapore Expats

Anton Casey calling MRT commuters "poor people"

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 9:41 am

nutnut wrote:Let's face it; this reaction is all due to this chap being foreign.

If he was Singaporean, there is no way this would have come this far. Brits say worse than this daily on Twitter and Facebook, it's only when they do something really stupid, like that guy who threatened to blow up an airport that anyone really cares.

However, if in the UK it was a foreigner who said something about the British, the DailyFail and the NF and BNP/UKIP/others would be all over it!

It's always about foreigners.

Why are people so scared about people who are from somewhere else? why do people feel that it gives them a right to judge/chastise them?

However, I still maintain that Anton Casey is indeed a royal c**t! but, it's not worthy of death threats and calls for him to move somewhere else!
True true

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 9:51 am

Singapore's 'practice' for Simple Living : 12345
1 - One Wife (If more than one, LKY will consign you out of Singapore anyway )
2 - Two Children
3 - Three Bedroom condo
4 - Four Wheels
5 - Five Figure Salary

Malaysia's Melayu 'theory' to Simple Living: 54321 must be opposite to Singapore's theory ma
5 - Five Children
4 - Four Wives
3 - Three Figure Salary
2 - Two Wheels
1 - One low-cost Govt. flat
:mrgreen:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:03 am

JR8 wrote:
ecureilx wrote: Chief, I meant, not just in SG, but anywhere ..
Remember the American lady who was getting posted to Africa and made a extremely tongue-in-cheek comment ?
Or closer home, even remember the Singapore girl who said something against Filipinos ?
Don't leave trace like that, for others to pounce on, if you value your hide ..
Hi Ecu,
I think you missed the point in this case ..

It wasn't the govt that screamed blood .. it was the "NETIZENS" who did their own CSI etc .. and dug up his past rantings etc etc .. and even his ex-colleagues had remarked that his humour borders on insults .. sort of a black humour

The govt only opened their mouth (the highly paid minister if that makes anybody happy) only when the Natives demanded justice - and they had every right, as citizens to ask so ..

For the non-Singapore case, like Anton ..

http://tinyurl.com/movl73w

For the case of Filipinos demanding the blood of a Singapore-based girl (no, I don't know if she was Singaporean or not .. ) well, it was like above ..

Leave the govt out of this, for their reaction - they didn't do anything for days .. atleast until SPH et al. got a cease and desist lawyer letter, as the rumour mill goes ..

This is a loosing fight he picked .. and you can't win against "netizens" .. and Keyboard Warriors ...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 10:53 am

ecureilx wrote: I think you missed the point in this case ..

It wasn't the govt that screamed blood .. it was the "NETIZENS" who did their own CSI etc .. and dug up his past rantings etc etc .. and even his ex-colleagues had remarked that his humour borders on insults .. sort of a black humour
Au contraire. The New Paper, and SPH are a fully owned organs of the government. Nothing would get published via SPH that was not government approved.

Ah, a 'black humour' - criminal offence issit? (And you need to be careful citing unsourced character references). I found a lot of my colleagues here were the same, with a black humour, it used to be one way we would get through the 60+/hr week. And for the avoidance of doubt in any quarters, such humour was aimed at everyone and everything.

But hey, there we are. So do I take it that if I made a couple of snarky wise-cracks in private on Facebook to share with my few-dozen Friends (and this seems to be the FULL extent of his '''crimes''') you'd support me being hung out to dry in the global media?

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:16 am

i think he needs to check his facebook friends...if his profile was private only his friends would know, and he felt secured in making the joke because he assumed his friends know his character. he should check their loyalty or atleast have some of them on restricted status. And some people are not aware that if you are on private but the friends of your friend will see your status if they have commented on it.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:41 am

morenangpinay wrote:i think he needs to check his facebook friends... ..
that's what I been harping. ... on

Private or not, if you have friends like that, you don't need enemies, says me ;)

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:51 am

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:32 pm

Fortan wrote:Story made the Independent too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 77795.html
Observe the left-wing hatred of anything 'ex-patty' :roll:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 12:43 pm

JR8 wrote:
Fortan wrote:Story made the Independent too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 77795.html
Observe the left-wing hatred of anything 'ex-patty' :roll:
Oh .. will the Independant will get a lawyer letter now, for copyright abuse of Anton's facebook photos ???

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 2:11 pm

It's best that people just ignore Casey. He seems like the type of guy who likes attention. There's an old saying that "bad attention is better than no attention."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 2:19 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:It's best that people just ignore Casey. He seems like the type of guy who likes attention. There's an old saying that "bad attention is better than no attention."
I don't think he's the story, at all: In fact it all seems quite a non-story.

The story is how 'his story' is being manipulated and used by politicians, and the media, for their own ends.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 3:16 pm

Agree with JR8....

The Govt must not believe their luck at this. Any number of real issues at the minute... non of them are getting an airing.

Police report been made now. :o

I havent read nor seen his videos.... what exactly did he say n do?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 3:28 pm

Barnsley wrote:Agree with JR8....

The Govt must not believe their luck at this. Any number of real issues at the minute... non of them are getting an airing.

Police report been made now. :o

I havent read nor seen his videos.... what exactly did he say n do?
really the govt is happy ? did you miss the part where they didn't respond for a few days, before Straits Time etc were served lawyers letters ?

Police report was made on the Sunday itself, if I recall .. and the guy who reported even published proof of his report on the Facebook site ..

What did he do ?

read one of the many links above .. :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 3:33 pm

How are they doing on the investigation re: the foreigner who breached ICA at Woodlands, national police, and drove around and under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Going well?

That story seemed to have gone extremely quiet almost instantly.

[Meanwhile back to more compelling news]
'Random Porsche driving expat with bad hair and specs impugns NTUC durian, by referring to it as 'warty', and 'smelling a bit like a blocked drain' [nation convulsed in uproar]'.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 24 Jan 2014 3:58 pm

really the govt is happy ? did you miss the part where they didn't respond for a few days, before Straits Time etc were served lawyers letters ?
I would say that they are very happy as nobody appears to be talking about anything remotely important ..........
Life is short, paddle harder!!