Singapore Expats Forum

Schengen visa

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
beedao
Regular
Regular

Schengen visa

Postby beedao » Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:31 pm

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in May, for 3 weeks.

Is there anyone who had obtain a Schengen visa in Singapore?

We are planning to visit Greece, Spain and France. Which embassy is more friendly and efficient to get the Schengen visa? :D

Thank you in advance :)

Bee
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

nakatago

Re: Schengen visa

Postby nakatago » Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:58 pm

beedao wrote:We are planning to visit Greece, Spain and France. Which embassy is more friendly and efficient to get the Schengen visa? :D

Usually, they require you apply at country of entry, so if your list is accurate, it will be Greece.

kookaburrah
Regular
Regular

Re: Schengen visa

Postby kookaburrah » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:32 am

nakatago wrote:
beedao wrote:We are planning to visit Greece, Spain and France. Which embassy is more friendly and efficient to get the Schengen visa? :D

Usually, they require you apply at country of entry, so if your list is accurate, it will be Greece.

I think the rules state either the country of entry or the country in which you will be staying the longest.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:52 am

As I understand it, you apply for the visa from the embassy of the country of entry.

beedao
Regular
Regular

visa

Postby beedao » Fri, 14 Feb 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks all. I sent them an email and here's their reply, just for your info. "the Consulate-General of Greece in Singapore does not issue visas. For the issuance of short-term entry visas (Schengen visas) Greece is officially represented in Singapore by the Embassy of France." :D
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

HA
Regular
Regular

Postby HA » Tue, 18 Feb 2014 7:14 pm

It's either the country of entry, or where you will stay the longest.

Also, most countries don't have visa facilities. Greece is helped by France, Norway by Denmark and so on.

I would go with France any day. Just speak first few words in French (Bonjour/ Salut, comment allez vous will be a good start), and they're half on your side

Agashi

Postby Agashi » Thu, 17 Apr 2014 6:19 pm

Got mine in german embassy though my point of entry is france, but because i i stayed in germany the most, i decided to get it from there. My visa was approved and i got my passport back after 4 days. :)

As long as your requirements is complete, it should be easy for all embassies.
Try to always seize the day.

beedao
Regular
Regular

visa

Postby beedao » Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:30 am

Thanks for all your replies. Appreciate that. I already got my visa and already got back from Europe in May lol

Well, it’s not hard to get a travel visa, it’s just a waste of time (and money). I got mine in French embassy in SG, they are quite friendly and efficient, I got my passport back in 3 or 4 days.

The UK visa was insane though; they returned my passport after 3 weeks!!!!
:mad: