Singapore Expats

Information on IPA and SVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
siveenks

Information on IPA and SVP

Post by siveenks » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 5:17 pm

Hi,
I am having some doubts regarding the SVP included in IPA. My current situation is that my wife had a TEP which was cancelled last week, in order to apply for new TEP. So she is currently on a 30 day SVP provided on the cancellation of current TEP. So legally she is allowed to be present in Singapore for 30 more days. She also obtained a IPA for a new TEP. I heard that IPA contains the single entry visa that provides a 30 day SVP in order to process the IPA to get the pass issued.
So in the current situation can she stay in Singapore for 3 more weeks in the current SVP (from TEP cancellation) and then for another 4 weeks in the SVP through the new IPA issued (without going in and out of Singapore).
Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 5:21 pm

When is she supposed to start her employment anyway?

If the date is too far off after the SVP from the cancelled TEP expires, she will need to exit Singapore and come back closer to her employment date.

If the date overlaps, it's not a problem then.

siveenks

Post by siveenks » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 5:34 pm

Her current SVP (from TEP cancellation) expires by 8th of February and she will be joining in new TEP on March 1st. So can she get a new SVP with the IPA around February first week from ICA so that she can stay in singapore till getting the new TEP card.