Singapore Expats

Amazon

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you ordered it from the US Amazon, was it designed for US 110-115V or for Singapore 220-240V or is it dual voltage. If US 110-115V that is what is causing your have a power trip. If 220-240V then I don't know.
http://www.amazon.com/CatGenie-Self-Was ... =cat+genie

Wonderful! a 30lb indoor kitty-turd-composter. Only in America! :o :lol:

Warning: the product info (on a US site) makes no mention of electrical specification, so you can be sure it's spec'd for the US domestic market.

Only solution to use in a 240v zone, buy a transformer to connect it via.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 9:32 pm

PNGMK wrote:All I Know is that shipping is very expensive now for anything that's more than a letter it seems....
For example (just a random item)
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/My-Last-Five ... 589aa5b3d2

DVD, ~S$10 + ~S$2 shipment. The only risk is that it is not really UK based but than the seller risks a negative feedback and normally the sellers with good score (>99.5%) do not do things like that.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 9:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2kGYaJzHo
DJ M.D. FEAT KITTY KAT & G-SHIT - MOST WANTED

Banging. {lol}

Found this while searching on 'kitty cat shitting'

mmmm

I was actually looking for a real song, but then found this German weirdity.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 8:02 am

To whom it may concern: I finally did manage to get my product shipped to Singapore, but only after spotting that Amazon UK, like Amazon US, doesn't do Singapore (for this item) and then calling the merchant direct, who informed me I could get the same item from his eBay account, including shipping to Singapore.

A few hours later it was dispatched. And at a lower price than Amazon.

ETA 2-3 days.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 9:25 am

Max Headroom wrote:To whom it may concern: I finally did manage to get my product shipped to Singapore, but only after spotting that Amazon UK, like Amazon US, doesn't do Singapore (for this item) and then calling the merchant direct, who informed me I could get the same item from his eBay account, including shipping to Singapore.
A few hours later it was dispatched. And at a lower price than Amazon.
ETA 2-3 days.
That's an interesting get-around to the frustrating obstacle of Amazon vendors not shipping to SG!

I'll try to remember it, it could come in useful in future!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 6:06 pm

Yes, many webstores, not necessarily associated with Amazon are also present in E-bay. Some even from Singapore - for example Courts. I always do cross-checking. With the strong Ebay's (Paypal's) pro-consumer policy buying from Ebay is actually safer than from Amazon.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 8:13 pm

Yep, you're not the only one. I've probably made close to 600 purchases over the past four or five years from eBay and probably 50 were for new goods from an online store.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zane8080

Post by zane8080 » Sun, 02 Feb 2014 11:20 am

Both Amazon and eBay has mostly similar items, depend on what is available to one ecommerce site.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Feb 2014 12:05 pm

zane8080 wrote:Both Amazon and eBay has mostly similar items, depend on what is available to one ecommerce site.
True, but shipping to Singapore often makes the difference (costs and if they will even ship).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Sun, 02 Feb 2014 2:11 pm

Update of my Amazon/Ebay experience.

Delivery date was actually estimated at 21 January, which came and went without a peep.

It was then nudged to 28-30 January. However, nothing then either.

Pinged the Ebay seller on 31st and he got back to me later that day, stating that my "local delivery agent" attempted a delivery on 21 January...

Alas, I never received a call from the delivery chap, nor did he leave a note for me. So how am I to know that there was a delivery attempt at all?

Calling SingPost tomorrow.