Singapore Expats

Does MOM prefer PEP applications directly or via a lawyer?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Aloha1

Does MOM prefer PEP applications directly or via a lawyer?

Post by Aloha1 » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:46 am

Hi,
I'm currently a US citizen living in the US and applying for a PEP. My question is whether anyone has any insight as to whether MOM have any bias towards or against applications submitted directly by the individual vs. using a legal firm. I meet all the latest criteria, and the only reason I'd use a legal firm is because I don't have a local contact person to name on the application. I don't currently have employment lined up in Singapore.

I read a couple of posts elsewhere that there was a bias against legal firms applying on behalf of individuals without a current job. Wanted to get a few more opinions. Thanks guys.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:47 pm

Both MOM and ICA have a bias as they feel if you have enough intelligence to be hired here, then you have enough intelligence to fill out their forms as they are designed for the lowest common denominator. Lawyers don't mind doing it as all they are is form fillers and you pay them stupid money to do so. They'll take it, no problems, but if you ask them (if they have any experience in Singapore at all) they will advise you that they are powerless except for filling out the forms for you.

My advice. Do it yourself.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:49 pm

There are probably a couple of people on this board who, for the price of a beer or two, would probably act as a mail drop.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers