Singapore Expats

A FUSTERCLUCK OF EAGLES?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jan 2014 10:36 pm

I believe the last time we saw either of you was at Phad Thai at the same gathering. Maybe an epidemic? :o :lol:

JR8, who? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 1:09 pm

anyway, I did discover - After San Miguel, it is bad to have Tiger beer and then Long island. .

:)

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:34 am

The trip to the Middle East didn't push through but I got sick and couldn't come out last Friday. I hope everybody had fun.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 9:21 am

A little birdie a quarter across the globe told me that Mr and Mrs Mi Amigo is visiting Singapore towards the end of April. Our next Eagles gathering is long overdue (since January).

Any chance to gather a convocation of eagles to swoop them up before we miss them?

:mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:59 am

Yeah, I know she's got a performance here. So if Mi Amigo is in town, would be great if we could grab him/them one evening before they get away. I'd be up for it. See if you can find out their availablity date. We are overdue for one anyway. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:06 am

http://www.esplanade.com/whats_on/progr ... /index.jsp

Sun 20th April. Which means the possible date to catch the Mi Amigos are on Friday the 18th.

Which means I can't make it, will be out of country :cry:

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:59 pm

I wanna go. :)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 3:34 pm

Lynx, thanks for mentioning this. Unfortunately our visit will be a bit of a fleeting one and we're already tied up on the Friday and Saturday evenings. But if anyone wants to come along to the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre on Sunday 20th (the shows are free btw), maybe we could meet up for a drink afterwards? The second show finishes at 9.30pm. It'd be great to catch up with any 'Eagles' that could make it.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 5:16 pm

Now there's an idea! It would have to be a one drink evening as some of us have to work for a living. ;-) :D

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 1:53 pm

So is this one going to "Hotel California" in May now?