Singapore Expats

Baby of SPR Parents, LTVP or SPR for him ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Emeraldstonez

Baby of SPR Parents, LTVP or SPR for him ?

Post by Emeraldstonez » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 7:00 pm

Hi

Me and my wife are both SPRs. My wife went back to deliver baby and stayed there for about 2 years. My baby is not SPR and holding passport from my country. They visited SG before and for that time I applied SVP for my son. Now both of them are coming back to SG (for good).

I have read around and found out the following.

1. It seems like I can ONLY apply LTVP when he arrived to SG.
2. So I must apply SVP for him.
3. Then I checked ICA for PR application appointment and first available date is in July 2014.
4. So it seems like I have no other option but to apply LTVP first and then apply PR later. ( If possible I want to apply PR directly. )
5. How much chance did he(my son) has for LTVP/PR appliction? What if rejected ? ( I have no idea what to do if this happened. )

Is there any other/better way ? Any idea/experience/advice appreciated.

About us : We are not Malaysian/Indian/Chinese, we are classified under "others". Me and my wife are both employed in SG for about 5~7 years. SPR for about 4+ years now. We both get our SPR individually (EP to PR). If I don't have to relocate to another country in coming 3~4 years, I'll convert to SC and settle here. My wife hasn't decide about this yet.

I'm working continuously here (no break) and my wife took a couple of breaks(for pregnancy/baby). But she is working for about 9 months now and she is currently under Singapore company payroll (CPF and all that). When she gets back here, she'll continue working with that company (not full time until baby gets settled.)

If I apply PR for my son and IF we relocate to another country (e.g:before his 6th birthday) is there any complication for him ? I don't mind him about doing NS and all .. if we are staying here. But I don't want to make a messy/bad decision for him. I won't do anything else without talking with him (when he gets older.)

If I have to relocate, I won't be able to come back here. So we all will renounce PR, can I do that for my son ??

I'm not greedy, I don't want the best of both world. If I settle here, I'll take SC, my son will be SPR/SC and doing NS.

If I happen to settle here and converted to SC, when my son can convert to SC after that ?
Or did he always has an option to convert from SPR to SC regardless of my status ?

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:34 pm

Apply Ltvp online it takes 6 weeks. With both parents PR should be fine provided your income is ok and no other skeletons in the closet.

As for Pr, I would avoid for your son since your future still seems uncertain. Even if you renounce while young, there might be consequences later when he's 30 and wants to work here and his EP application gets stalled for. 6 months for no apparent reason. IMHO, Stay on Ltvp until you know more definitely you will be settled here for good.