Singapore Expats

Working in Singapore with home in Thailand

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:36 am

Wd40 wrote:The current anti gahmen protests in Bangkok, may give you a good entry point in terms of the Thai Baht value and apartment prices. Keep a watch!
Why do you want to rent in Bangkok? Buy something.
It was actually my plan to buy something. I have lived in Bangkok before for years and know the place well. 15 mill. THB (S$580,000) will get you an amazing 150-200 sqm condo unit. I have my eyes set on the Fullerton Condo on the corner of Ekamai (Sukhumvit Soi 63). I viewed a couple of units there and it is just top class.

http://fullertonsukhumvit.com/

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 1:13 pm

x9200 wrote:Thai visa regulation changed a few years ago for a number of countries and the change also included US as far as I could see.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/th ... icans.html

U.S. citizens carrying a tourist passport and in possession of an onward or return airline ticket do not require a visa to enter Thailand.
My wife (American) still got whacked on the 90 day issue and had to obtain a 30 day visit pass from the Thai embassy in Singapore in order to return to Bangkok. This happened in 2007.

And you are correct... I've never needed to pick up any VOA at BKK... just get my passport stamped. I had also blown the 90 day rule but my passport had 146 pages in it and I don't think they wanted to go through it all to see if I had violated the 90 day rule.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 1:33 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: Image
The Bible of World Travels :o

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 2:30 pm

I thought mine was large! i don't think they put that many inserts in anymore. I have three, which I thought was the max.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 3:00 pm

That looks like an oxfords pocket dictionary :)
Mine sadly only 30 pages and for 6 years it was almost completely empty. Then in 2009/10 in space of 2 years I exhausted almost all pages doing petrol runs to JB on every bi-weekly basis :)

This year renewal is due and I am going to ask for the jumbo size(60 pages) passport, not sure if they still give it though.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:27 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I thought mine was large! i don't think they put that many inserts in anymore. I have three, which I thought was the max.
They don't allow that anymore. As a matter of fact, when I walked in to get yet another set of pages, they said, "no". When I complained that I needed to travel 2 days later, they shot my photo then and there and had my new passport ready... now also nearly full... but now that I'm back in the US it does really matter.