Singapore Expats

40 somethings - what are you doing for fun?

Events and gatherings for the 40's Club
SINexpat

Post by SINexpat » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 7:26 pm

the lynx wrote:
SINexpat wrote:Private pool or public? I'm moving into private condo in Bishan on Friday afternoon and plan to be doing my 2-3 swims per week at Bishan swimming complex in the evenings. I ride or run 6-7 days per week in the AM.

My hardcore (and fastest) days are probably behind me (getting run over by car does that) but I love long distance endurance ANYTHING. My fitness sucks right now but getting it back little by little.
Oh there is a very lovely Bishan Park (not sure which part of Bishan you will be staying). It has a very scenic stretch that goes all the way to Ang Mo Kio. http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php? ... &Itemid=73

And if you like cross-training, running in Macritchie Reservoir is also another great hit. Also close to Bishan http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/macritchie ... &Itemid=75

There are many reservoirs in that area but only Macritchie gives you the distance you need.

My fastest days are also behind me (as well as the days when you put on weight the moment you stop competing actively in school/university) but yes, one step at a time, and you will be kicking up dust behind you for kilometres in no time!
I just had my L4/L5 microdisectomy so its going to be long road back :(

Finally broke 1:30 in the half mary distance couple years back. That will never happen again.

My goal is to go back to Ironman again but right now that's so far away I have to take baby steps getting back to full health.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 22 Jan 2014 7:55 pm

SINexpat wrote: I just had my L4/L5 microdisectomy so its going to be long road back :(
Finally broke 1:30 in the half mary distance couple years back. That will never happen again.
My goal is to go back to Ironman again but right now that's so far away I
have to take baby steps getting back to full health.
Frustrating isn't it. I used to be a serious x-country and mid-distance > 1/2 marathon runner.

Recently I had semi-transient clinical mobility issues too. Right now I'd love to jog just 100M - but walking it is challenge enough for the meantime.

Hey, maybe we should challenge ourselves to a friendly mini-jog at some point in the future :) The winner gets to buy some food and a coupla' beers hehehe.. so no pressure then, nice n slow....

bangornm

Post by bangornm » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 2:27 pm

SINexpat,

Not sure why my PM msg to you stuck in outbox and not get sent.

I am in similar situation, most my colleagues are married or young or in relationship.

Thinking of setting something up, or just hang out for late 30 or 40 group.

Anyway, pls drop me a line my email - [email protected]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 3:48 pm

It's stuck in the outbox because SINexpat has not opened it. It will stay in your outbox until he does. As soon as he opens the PM then it will show up in the Sent Box. That way you can tell when the recipient has seen it.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers