Singapore Expats

Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
taxico
Director
Director

Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Post by taxico » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 3:18 pm

this has been an extremely odd year for me. my plans to move back to the US have been postponed, so here i am, on a sunny week day afternoon, still in singapore.

as i await christmas eve dinner preparations... i reflect a little on all that's happened in the past many months.

and to a better 2014. cheers, you wacky lot on singaporeexpats.com

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 4:41 pm

Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 5:12 pm

.... to you and yours, Taxico & Mi Amigo. Merry Christmas to the Admins, the Eagles and their broods and all the rest of our board members and their loved ones.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 8:31 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...
and Dongzhi festival for the Chinese! :cool: :P

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy 2014

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:48 pm

Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 1:19 pm

iloverice wrote:Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D
Here's the irony, I didn't eat even one bit!

But I miss those days when we all used to roll tang yuan as kids...

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 7:51 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 8:20 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sun, 29 Dec 2013 5:56 pm

the lynx wrote:
Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!
Oh, no junior yet. I put double quotations on new since I started working in a start-up company (which just had it's IPO before Q4) last May. So it's not really a new as in brand new.

Thanks for the greetings. I am on a staycation and catching up on some correspondence and personal reading.

Happy New Year to you Lynx! :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:34 am

happy new year everyone! :)