Singapore Expats Forum

Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

taxico
Director
Director

Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Postby taxico » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 3:18 pm

this has been an extremely odd year for me. my plans to move back to the US have been postponed, so here i am, on a sunny week day afternoon, still in singapore.

as i await christmas eve dinner preparations... i reflect a little on all that's happened in the past many months.

and to a better 2014. cheers, you wacky lot on singaporeexpats.com

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 4:41 pm

Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 5:12 pm

.... to you and yours, Taxico & Mi Amigo. Merry Christmas to the Admins, the Eagles and their broods and all the rest of our board members and their loved ones.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 8:31 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...

and Dongzhi festival for the Chinese! :cool: :P

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy 2014

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Postby iloverice » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:48 pm

Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 1:19 pm

iloverice wrote:Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D

Here's the irony, I didn't eat even one bit!

But I miss those days when we all used to roll tang yuan as kids...

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 7:51 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 8:20 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.

Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sun, 29 Dec 2013 5:56 pm

the lynx wrote:
Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!

Oh, no junior yet. I put double quotations on new since I started working in a start-up company (which just had it's IPO before Q4) last May. So it's not really a new as in brand new.

Thanks for the greetings. I am on a staycation and catching up on some correspondence and personal reading.

Happy New Year to you Lynx! :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:34 am

happy new year everyone! :)