Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3232
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Merry Christmas 2013... (and a Happy New Year)

Post by taxico » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 3:18 pm

this has been an extremely odd year for me. my plans to move back to the US have been postponed, so here i am, on a sunny week day afternoon, still in singapore.

as i await christmas eve dinner preparations... i reflect a little on all that's happened in the past many months.

Image

and to a better 2014. cheers, you wacky lot on singaporeexpats.com

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 4:41 pm

Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39646
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 5:12 pm

Image

.... to you and yours, Taxico & Mi Amigo. Merry Christmas to the Admins, the Eagles and their broods and all the rest of our board members and their loved ones.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 8:31 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Good luck Taxico, and all the best for 2014 to you. It's been an 'interesting' year for me too, but with a good ending*, so I'm really looking forward to the year ahead.

To all the folks in our wonderful, indeed sometimes 'wacky' community, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Io Saturnalia, Wiccid Midwinter, or whatever festive phrase is most applicable!

*I was going to type 'happy ending' but I know what you lot are like...
and Dongzhi festival for the Chinese! :cool: :P

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy 2014

iloverice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:45 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by iloverice » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:48 pm

Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 1:19 pm

iloverice wrote:Merry Christmas (I know it's kind of late :) ) and Lynx, happy Dongzhi festival for you too, have you eat enough tang yuan? :D
Here's the irony, I didn't eat even one bit!

But I miss those days when we all used to roll tang yuan as kids...

User avatar
Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Still based in Singapore but wanders around...

Post by Asian_Geekette » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 7:51 pm

Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 8:20 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!

User avatar
Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Still based in Singapore but wanders around...

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sun, 29 Dec 2013 5:56 pm

the lynx wrote:
Asian_Geekette wrote:Happy Holidays to everyone here!

I've been so busy with the "new" job so I wasn't able to lurk around for more than 6 months now.

May new year bring you all with great opportunities - not just for work/careers but opportunities to make good memories with your loved ones.
Happy holidays to you too!

Geek/Geekette Jr coming up? If my guess is correct, congratulations!
Oh, no junior yet. I put double quotations on new since I started working in a start-up company (which just had it's IPO before Q4) last May. So it's not really a new as in brand new.

Thanks for the greetings. I am on a staycation and catching up on some correspondence and personal reading.

Happy New Year to you Lynx! :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 6:19 pm

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:34 am

happy new year everyone! :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests