Singapore Expats

PR rejected second time 2013

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kumar_work

PR rejected second time 2013

Post by kumar_work » Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:02 pm

Hi All,

I am 35 years old Indian staying in Singapore since June 2010 and my family also staying with me since dec 2010 along me.

I am Master in Computer Science and my wife is Master of Science and Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)(house wife)

I am PEP and expiry is on next dec 2013 as per new salary rule and working in IT with regional role.

First time :
-------------
I applied pr last year June 2012 me , wife and female child and rejected on Nov 2012.
during this time my salary was 96 k p.a

Second time
------------------
I reapplied on Aug 2013 me, wife, female child and male child(new born) and rejected on Dec 2013.
during this time my salary was 110 k p.a

I don't know why ICA rejected my PR application ? I need to change my PEP pass to EP next year end.

Can I stop applying PR ? can appeal ?

Any advice to apply again and get the PR.

Thanks for your reply

Regards,
Kuma :roll:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:43 pm

What was the reason for the rejection the first time? What advice was in the letter?

What was the reason for the rejection the second time? Was there any advice in the letter re apply again in two years, or you are welcome to remain here as as PEP or EP holder?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What was the reason for the rejection the first time? What advice was in the letter?

What was the reason for the rejection the second time? Was there any advice in the letter re apply again in two years, or you are welcome to remain here as as PEP or EP holder?
first time and second time - No reason mentioned and the rejection letter says " we have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
Nevertheless, you and your family can continue to reside here on your respective valid passes. If your require further assistance you may call ICA"

I will be in PEP till Nov 2014 then will convert to EP.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 6:34 am

kumar_work wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:What was the reason for the rejection the first time? What advice was in the letter?

first time and second time - No reason mentioned and the rejection letter says " we have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.
Nevertheless, you and your family can continue to reside here on your respective valid passes. If your require further assistance you may call ICA"

Sorry to tell you this but barring any policy or legislative changes, they don't want you to become PRs. Otherwise, you would have been told of some condition you need to satisfy.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 6:56 am

kumar_work wrote:

The first time was the kiss of death. The second time was just an exercise in futility based on the contents of the first rejection letter. My advice? Work, save, form no attachments and if a better offer comes up overseas, grab it and run as you are here on borrowed time, as it were. Sorry.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 8:56 am

Why so many Masters?

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 9:14 am

myself and my wife are having master degrees.

Thanks guys.. I also feel due policy changes. If we know the rejection reason then we don't apply again.

Can we meet the ICA officer and get the reject details ?

Even I stopped my self for the PR application after my first rejection, however my wife is interested to apply again. It is now clear we both don't want to apply again.

My daughter is currently studying in local kinder garden and I wont get any good school near by my house and also fees would be verify high for foreigners for Singapore local schools.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 9:48 am

kumar_work wrote:Can we meet the ICA officer and get the reject details ?
#nomeansno
Last edited by nakatago on Wed, 18 Dec 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:35 am

kumar_work wrote:myself and my wife are having master degrees.

Thanks guys.. I also feel due policy changes. If we know the rejection reason then we don't apply again.

Can we meet the ICA officer and get the reject details ?

Even I stopped my self for the PR application after my first rejection, however my wife is interested to apply again. It is now clear we both don't want to apply again.

My daughter is currently studying in local kinder garden and I wont get any good school near by my house and also fees would be verify high for foreigners for Singapore local schools.
Welcome to life as a self supporting expat. As SMS said I'm sure there are better places in the world for you.

kumar_work

Post by kumar_work » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:29 pm

Yes you are true.. I am not really disappointed for this rejection.

Anyhow I have my country forever me.

I love this forum by many expats positive and supported answers for me. It is great.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 4:03 pm

You should convert to an EP, reside for a year or two and try apply PR well in advance of a renewal.

The thought process I have behind this is that the gahmen is probably playing a waiting game behind to see if you will "exit" after your PEP expires.

Another point you should let your wife know is that she should consider working if she really wants your PR application to succeed (please do not apply separately this is a mistake many people make).

Bring your parents here to support you (I understand this might not be a easy option but you need to see what is more important and convince your parents) or hire a maid to look after the kids and let the Mrs work....

Do not re-apply for PR ever again unless your circumstances change, you will just look desperate.

Good luck!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 4:35 pm

FaeLLe wrote: Bring your parents here to support you (I understand this might not be a easy option but you need to see what is more important and convince your parents) or hire a maid to look after the kids and let the Mrs work....
Not real sure if this is a viable solution in the eyes of ICA as collateral baggage is one of the things ICA is looking to avoid. Might work, but I wouldn't try it unless there is no other option available.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 5:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
FaeLLe wrote: Bring your parents here to support you (I understand this might not be a easy option but you need to see what is more important and convince your parents) or hire a maid to look after the kids and let the Mrs work....
Not real sure if this is a viable solution in the eyes of ICA as collateral baggage is one of the things ICA is looking to avoid. Might work, but I wouldn't try it unless there is no other option available.
My exact thoughts. But then, I would like to add that I wouldn't change the way I live, just to get PR. The only change I did, when I was applying for PR, is that I stopped remitting my S Dollars to India for the last couple of years, thinking that having a good bank balance will help. But in hindsight that was a blessing in disguise as the INR just depreciated more than enough to cover the investment gains I would have made, if I had remitted them.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 6:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Maid would be the best option I guess.

But parents and in-laws occasionally taking turns visiting on SVP might be acceptable I feel.... ultimately every foreigner is going to have family ties visiting them in some form or other.

SGlover

Post by SGlover » Sun, 22 Dec 2013 8:58 pm

Hi Wd40

on your reply "when I was applying for PR, is that I stopped remitting my S Dollars"

How much do you recommend is average good bank balance in ICA pov?