Page 12 of 13

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 4:03 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
......relate to Sub-continental abused, underpaid and generally hated by the locals, labour......

Probably a more accurate description . :-|

This guy doesn't make any sense at all and once you correct him then his whole story changes. I doubt if he's out of Secondary school yet.

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 4:35 pm
by zzm9980
morenangpinay wrote:http://mothership.sg/2013/12/12-comments-praising-india-riot-hero-fact-unbelievably-condescending/

praising the hero...or not. :roll:

12 comments praising Little India riot ‘hero’ that are in fact unbelievably condescending


In like number 7, since I quite find the opposite to be true. 'Chewing on Wasps' as I learned from this forum :D

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 4:38 pm
by zzm9980
While a case could be made that the British have ultimately caused more harm than good in many places they've meddled, Singapore isn't one of those places and Firegold is far from making it.

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 4:39 pm
by JR8
I think the suggestion was:

------
- 'Sub-Conti' Labour should be pathetically grateful to work in SG at all.
- Therefore how they are treated is irrelevant.'
------


... but I'm not sure.
I was trying to coax him out ;

... I'm fast giving up hope of getting any sense out of this :(



- Edit for punctuation/clarity.

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 5:13 pm
by nakatago
zzm9980 wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:http://mothership.sg/2013/12/12-comments-praising-india-riot-hero-fact-unbelievably-condescending/

praising the hero...or not. :roll:

12 comments praising Little India riot ‘hero’ that are in fact unbelievably condescending


In like number 7, since I quite find the opposite to be true. 'Chewing on Wasps' as I learned from this forum :D


Too many Singaporeans think too highly of themselves. If there's such a thing as superiority complex, they have it.

Posted: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 10:54 pm
by zzm9980
JR8 wrote:I think the suggestion was:

- 'Sub-Conti' Labour should be pathetically grateful to work in SG at all.
- Therefore how they are treated is irrelevant.

... but I'm not sure.

I was trying to coax him out ;


... I'm fast giving up hope of getting any sense out of this :(


Yeah, that is the argument I think I've been reading a bit the past week. I can't quite tell though because it seems to be too complex for most of those making it to properly articulate.

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:17 am
by firegold 99
JR8 wrote:I think the suggestion was:

------
- 'Sub-Conti' Labour should be pathetically grateful to work in SG at all.
- Therefore how they are treated is irrelevant.'
------


... but I'm not sure.
I was trying to coax him out ;

... I'm fast giving up hope of getting any sense out of this :(



- Edit for punctuation/clarity.


i agree with you .

@ sundaymorningstaple ,

If go to my workplace/VWO , if you sit my company transport (private free bus), you will understand what i meant because the bus driver is a mainland Chinese (many of my clients said the bus turn here and turn there) in my company which our Singapore Ministers/Lee Hsien Loong had been debating about foreign talents and foreigners in the new reports on channel new asia. A lot of people will complain about foreigner driver than a local one as they have communication barriers. (This is what people fear about foreign talent)
If you go out , you probably know what i meant .

off-topic - It is none of your business to know about my personal information, lifestyle and etc .

@ zzm9980 This is a complex issue

1. Transport arrangement between foreigner and locals
2. business shop owners not making money ,ban alcohol ;need to sell it , rental cost high
3. rumours made by public

I do believe JR8 is only one right and i fully agree with him.

@JR8 I also referring we are under British government , then after that we have Japanese Occupation as you mentioned that is why i agree with you but it a complex issue as what zzm998 mentioned .

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 10:48 am
by sundaymorningstaple
The bus involved in the accident, both the driver and the timekeeper, from what I understand were Singaporeans. Not PRC or other foreigners. Might help to get your ducks in order and English grammar sorted out so we can guess at what you are trying to say as you keep changing as is a local habit when current position is no longer tenable.You should have probably stayed on SGForums.

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:31 am
by the lynx
I give up with firegold. He obviously had cognitive dissonance and he presents not just embarrassing flawed arguments, but also very narrow tunnel of perceptions and rationalism that even his/ her fellow countrymen/ countrywomen would be find it a chagrin.

I'm sorry but I have better things to do over the weekend.

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:38 am
by zzm9980
firegold 99 wrote:
JR8 wrote:I think the suggestion was:

------
- 'Sub-Conti' Labour should be pathetically grateful to work in SG at all.
- Therefore how they are treated is irrelevant.'
------


... but I'm not sure.
I was trying to coax him out ;

... I'm fast giving up hope of getting any sense out of this :(



- Edit for punctuation/clarity.


i agree with you .

@ sundaymorningstaple ,

If go to my workplace/VWO , if you sit my company transport (private free bus), you will understand what i meant because the bus driver is a mainland Chinese (many of my clients said the bus turn here and turn there) in my company which our Singapore Ministers/Lee Hsien Loong had been debating about foreign talents and foreigners in the new reports on channel new asia. A lot of people will complain about foreigner driver than a local one as they have communication barriers. (This is what people fear about foreign talent)
If you go out , you probably know what i meant .

off-topic - It is none of your business to know about my personal information, lifestyle and etc .

@ zzm9980 This is a complex issue

1. Transport arrangement between foreigner and locals
2. business shop owners not making money ,ban alcohol ;need to sell it , rental cost high
3. rumours made by public

I do believe JR8 is only one right and i fully agree with him.

@JR8 I also referring we are under British government , then after that we have Japanese Occupation as you mentioned that is why i agree with you but it a complex issue as what zzm998 mentioned .



A lot of people will complain about foreigner driver than a local one as they have communication barriers. (This is what people fear about foreign talent)


Ironic, as that's the problem I'm having here. I don't know how to respond to your post because it is just vague enough due to missing words or improper grammar that I'm not sure what you're saying. Your points could go a few different ways.

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 1:00 pm
by JR8
firegold 99 wrote: I do believe JR8 is only one right and i fully agree with him.


:o Good grief, I was not stating my opinion, I was trying to divine what form of bigoted and racist opinions you might hold. And there we are, we seem to be getting closer to finding out.

I just wanted to clarify that one point. The rest of your post makes no sense to me.

Edit to add: @ ZZM. Exactly, ironic isn't it lol

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 2:44 pm
by firegold 99
sundaymorningstaple wrote:The bus involved in the accident, both the driver and the timekeeper, from what I understand were Singaporeans. Not PRC or other foreigners. Might help to get your ducks in order and English grammar sorted out so we can guess at what you are trying to say as you keep changing as is a local habit when current position is no longer tenable.You should have probably stayed on SGForums.


Sorry i have disagree , People on SGForum probably will said THE SAME THING . As a moderator , you shouldn't tell people what to post and they can agree and disagree in this forum as i said earlier in my previous post , you are one who disgrace yourself as being a moderator, i do not want to comment about your moderating issue but i have to . You shouldn't be a moderator .

You haven't been listening to reports on television or news report and judge the book by it cover .

1. Foreigners & Singapore -

Singaporeans have xenophobia problem (Fear of foreign worker drivers) , if you watch SG+ on channel new asia catch up

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvsho ... 18022.html

Most of them [Interviewer(s)] discuss about

1. Crimes and wrongdoing /political laws in Singapore
2. xenophobia -(find out dictionary if you do not know)
3. foreigners coming in to Singapore and taking Singaporean Jobs .

the lynx wrote:I give up with firegold. He obviously had cognitive dissonance and he presents not just embarrassing flawed arguments, but also very narrow tunnel of perceptions and rationalism that even his/ her fellow countrymen/ countrywomen would be find it a chagrin.

I'm sorry but I have better things to do over the weekend.


I am not being racist or anything but these is facts and i am not narrow minded, it is the perception of people opinions . You make me sound like one of PAP MP Vivian Balakrishnan repeating the things over and over again . Let take a look : http://youtu.be/vFnEM80XAOM

Anyone can make their opinions and they can choose to agree and disagree with you .

You all are making off-topic so you can close and lock this topic but in views, Why is government banning alcohol and so on ? It is to prevent it from happening again and The laws and everything impact as a whole package . The foreigner is one problems that the government is working on and they have the fear of xenophobia as i mentioned above .

- As to mention , yes it is a complex issue and a very difficult one, therefore many Singapore ministers will have to go on to parliament or interview reports from channel new asia .

@"sundaymorningstaple Edit - to add on , i am echoeing the voice of pioneers here : http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/ep ... -sg_fblike

Even you disagree, but Singaporeans will/might always said the same thing to you no matter how many time you try disagree with it . (As the all above posts i mentioned) to clarified and let me remind that you agree and disagree to a comment post .

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 8:30 pm
by AngMoG
My advice @firegold 99 :
1) Learn proper English
2) AFTERWARDS come back and post again, when you can express what you want to express
But from what I can glean, you are trying to spout some nonsense, some of it apparently borderline xenophobic/racist, but to what end I cannot surmise.

firegold 99 wrote:
- As to mention , yes it is a complex issue and a very difficult one, therefore many Singapore ministers will have to go on to parliament or interview reports from channel new asia .


:shock: So ministers have to go to parliament and on TV because it is a complex issue?!

Reminds of: the sky is green, because yogurt does not have any bones. ;)

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 9:25 pm
by JR8
And the Mods need a firm telling off, and reminding what they are and aren't allowed to do and say. Especially SMS of course bwahahaha ... :-D

I was going to post earlier, a JPG of a bomb, with a very short and lit fuse in it ... but ran out of time...

Posted: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 9:54 pm
by firegold 99
AngMoG wrote:My advice @firegold 99 :
1) Learn proper English
2) AFTERWARDS come back and post again, when you can express what you want to express
But from what I can glean, you are trying to spout some nonsense, some of it apparently borderline xenophobic/racist, but to what end I cannot surmise.

firegold 99 wrote:
- As to mention , yes it is a complex issue and a very difficult one, therefore many Singapore ministers will have to go on to parliament or interview reports from channel new asia .


:shock: So ministers have to go to parliament and on TV because it is a complex issue?!

Reminds of: the sky is green, because yogurt does not have any bones. ;)


You also need to learn READ ! Copy & Paste from previous post

"Even you disagree, but Singaporeans will/might always said the same thing to you no matter how many time you try disagree with it . (As the all above posts i mentioned) to clarified and let me remind that you agree and disagree to a comment post ." and don't judge about people English YOUR ALSO ! From my experience you DID NOT READ THE NEWS REPORTS OR THERE WAS A TIME http://video.xin.msn.com/watch/video/ep ... -sg_fblike

and ALSO ANYONE CAN MAKE COMMENTS , if i see any more arguing, i will report to an online administrator !