Singapore Expats

41 year old caucasian woman found dead in our condo

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

41 year old caucasian woman found dead in our condo

Post by Fortan » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 8:13 am

Waking up this morning to the news that police was called last night to Reflections at Keppel Bay, where we are staying. When they arrived they found the body of a 41 year-old caucasian woman and she was declared dead. No arrests has been made but according to the news this morning, her death was of unnatural causes. Almost next door to where we live but still have no clue who she was. Scary :(

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 8:33 am

Asiaone says it was on Tuesday.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 6:04 pm

x9200 wrote:Asiaone says it was on Tuesday.
I didn't hear about it before this morning.... :(

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 6:59 pm

We take for granted that places like condos are safe (in broad aspect) and Singapore is safe in general so things like this shocks us, but the fact is it probably happens all the time. I remember our shock when we learned few good years after we move out from one place that somebody drowned in the swimming pool of the condo when we lived over there.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 08 Dec 2013 10:06 am

Gaaargh - for a second there I thought we'd lost hanniroo or Kat but I know neither of them live there.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 08 Dec 2013 8:42 pm

I am in my thirties.

Unnatural causes doesn't always mean foul play or even self harm. Accidents happen.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Dec 2013 9:19 pm

Well PGNMK, you've really stuck your foot innit this time! :lol: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 8:46 am

Hannieroo wrote:I am in my thirties.

Unnatural causes doesn't always mean foul play or even self harm. Accidents happen.
There has been no sign of the police that I know off since the time the lady was found. People in the condo still speculating that it was suicide. Perhaps we will never know.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:05 am

Hannieroo wrote:I am in my thirties.

I sort of assumed the Singapore witnesses couldn't determine the age of a Caucasian.... as they usually can't.

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:12 am

I am guessing that the story will not be qualified as to what the unnatural causes were?

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:18 am

PrimroseHill wrote:I am guessing that the story will not be qualified as to what the unnatural causes were?
There was a similar case with a younger Irish woman earlier this year and nothing else ever came out about it. She apparently also died of unnatural causes and was found in her bed. Not sure why the details of these incidents are kept "secret"?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:40 am

Don't want the international public to know as it might affect tourism.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:43 am

speculation here, pure unadulterated speculation here - overdosed on drugs or alcohol? :cry: or Mafia?

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:51 am

PrimroseHill wrote:speculation here, pure unadulterated speculation here - overdosed on drugs or alcohol? :cry: or Mafia?
That is exactly what comes out of not telling the whole truth. Same with the riots last night. By keeping the truth from people it causes a lot of speculation... :P

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 2:18 pm

PrimroseHill wrote:speculation here, pure unadulterated speculation here - overdosed on drugs or alcohol? :cry: or Mafia?
Not likely to be the mafia... possibly illegal drug overdose.

However I had a 30 YO cousin who went to bed and just died with not even a whimper in the middle of the night. It took the coroners 9 weeks to work out what had happened and clear her husband (Adrenal cancer - completely undetected previously). As Hanni says people of all ages die all the time. In the case of the Irish girl maybe it was natural but her relatives asked the coroner to not publish the findings (is this possible?).