Singapore Expats

Buy Falcon in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Buy Falcon in Singapore

Post by FaeLLe » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:27 pm

Does anyone know if we can buy Falcons in Singapore... I really want to cull the pigeons that keep nesting and messing my balcony up.

I am seriously considering importing some if not available for purchase locally :/

Anyone know the process to engage the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore for this?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Buy Falcon in Singapore

Post by the lynx » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 9:30 am

FaeLLe wrote:Does anyone know if we can buy Falcons in Singapore... I really want to cull the pigeons that keep nesting and messing my balcony up.

I am seriously considering importing some if not available for purchase locally :/

Anyone know the process to engage the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore for this?
1. Falcons are not sold in Singapore.
2. Falcons are listed under CITES are endangered species that are banned for import. You can check with cites.org using Falco as genus name reference.
3. IIRC falcons are usually from avian flu-endemic countries listed in AVA so import of any bird from these countries are not allowed.

HTH

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Buy Falcon in Singapore

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 10:01 am

FaeLLe wrote:Does anyone know if we can buy Falcons in Singapore... I really want to cull the pigeons that keep nesting and messing my balcony up.

Get a cat?

Have you sourced some foreign talent for the work?

Probably get someone to shoo them away for a couple of hundred a month.

Put some anti-bird landing strips wherever they land!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:40 am

A cat is not a good idea because you would need a dog to remove the cat.
This guy here: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic98623.html
is building a quad-copter drone. By now he should already have it fully operational probably with some basic weapons attached. I would talk to him.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 5:08 pm

I just ordered some Aluminium spikes and am going to line the problematic areas / corners with it along with the entire A/C ledge...

Wish one of these came to my house (Partially NSFW) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_sFmeZ5XF0

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 8:03 pm

FaeLLe wrote:I just ordered some Aluminium spikes and am going to line the problematic areas / corners with it along with the entire A/C ledge...

Wish one of these came to my house (Partially NSFW) -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_sFmeZ5XF0
NSFW? Where do you think we work, PETA? I was waiting for some naked guy to walk across the screen. I see much more disgusting food and eating habits in hawker centers all the time.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 8:26 pm

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:37 pm

Join the Singapore shooting club and ask them to do a cull in your area.

Props to The Lynx for her seriously well researched reply.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 4:52 pm

Australia has the Hobby Falcon and I believe it is not a WHO declared country for H5N1 Avian Flu (H5N1 Bird Flu).

So looks like all I might need is a CITES import permit and clear my TradeNet process.

Contacting my clearing agent who imports sheesha flavour to see if he can help me import a Falcon from Australia!! :twisted: :twisted: