Singapore Expats

SQ Now Supported in Google Now

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
nakatago

SQ Now Supported in Google Now

Post by nakatago » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:50 am

https://plus.google.com/104671753009501 ... sQRqSi2bXy

This will be handy if you're using Google Now, which is Google's context-aware service that gives you information when and where you need it based on information you give Google.

The service is available on Android and iOS.
Singapore Airlines is now integrating website bookings with Google Now. This means that when you make a booking through www.singaporeair.com and send the results to your Gmail, you'll be able to get flight information like your schedule, airport terminal and departure gate information in Google Now automatically before you fly.
PREEMPTIVE STRIKE: Some of you may find this creepy but it is an opt-in service, with different levels of granularity. I personally find it very useful but I only give information I don't mind being shared with a faceless corporation. But until they turn skynet on, I'll be mindfully using it.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 04 Dec 2013 11:59 am

I don't let men-in-the-middle to handle any of data critical to me including the gates Nos and I do not use the same password for different accounts because it is so obvious. But I am sure I am in minority.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 6:59 pm

Uhm, this worked already heh. Or is Singapore Air just advertising this like Singtel advertised to x92 that when they forcibly cancelled his telecom contract they wouldn't also charge the ETF? :P