Singapore Expats

Please suggest us and need all your valuable inputs

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
parivinu

Please suggest us and need all your valuable inputs

Post by parivinu » Mon, 02 Dec 2013 6:33 pm

Hi ,

Good evening..

my previous post is http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... asc-0.html

myself and my husband became strong after your valuable suggestions and advice.Thanks a lot.

Now it is Time for us to vacate the house , so we told owner that we are vacating the house and compensate the rental amount. we are very much sure that he will not pay us our advance since many finance people are still coming home and looking for him..
he is telling that he will complaint the police and inform our company and threatening us if we dont pay the rent..( he has collected copy of EP or any details from us)
my husband was so sweet with him and whenever he asked for money to pay the rent in advance , he was paying by listening to his financial problems.. now he is telling that legally one should compensate the advance for last month rent and if you dont pay will charge the interest everyday for the rent ..

I feel since he is not supposed to rent a non-approved unit. and in the rental it states that he rented only a room and also asked us if anyone come and ask u tell them owner is staying..

and also we were telling him to repair the bathroom from day1 of our arrival,but he kept on postponing.. now he is claiming that previous tenants never complained and after u occupied i am hearing all these things. he is just playing the game.. we are sure that tomorrow he may claim it is we who did it and compensate our advance for the repair..

Please suggest us what to do..
since he is criminal and not supposed to legally rent the whole unit where his unit is not approved unit to rent the whole unit. is he just threatening us to get the rent from us and keep our advance with him by not paying us..

seriously, this is the first unit we rented in singapore.. these people target foreigners since we can not do anything here..