Singapore Expats Forum

Moving from Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby AngMoG » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:03 am

AndrewV wrote:wondering myself why so few people are considering canada

From my own experience - too cold and too boring. There's about 4+ months of winter, a few weeks of summer, and long times in between where you can do almost nothing.

Maybe a place like Vancouver is something I'd consider, but apart from that - nope.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:19 am

Stunning landscapes and nature.... but just so far from anywhere else (a bit like NZ?)

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AndrewV » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:04 pm

some folks i know are over there, and they say its very difficult to get a job which suits your skils and profession, that being said, you can have a very comfortable life doing as simple a profession as being a bus driver or a baker's assistant.

you can have your pictueresque suburban home, a FORD SUV out front, a nice big dog, cookouts often and send all your kids to university while worrying nothing about the future :D

you won't have much savings and investments though, forget about owning second homes and investment properties

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:33 pm

JR8 wrote:Stunning landscapes and nature.... but just so far from anywhere else (a bit like NZ?)

Canada is not exactly very far from the US... a few inches across the 49th parallel and there you are..