Singapore Expats

Advice for Spass who have court case ongoing

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
yazbluebangel

Advice for Spass who have court case ongoing

Post by yazbluebangel » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 8:03 am

Hi I had been staying at here for 6 years and holding a SPass, I'm having a remarkable career (not mean to boasting but it will just to give a clearer picture)

However due to some misunderstanding, I'm involve a court case here and my company had forced me to resign and they had cancelled my Spass.

I'm the innocent party here, the other party who involve in this case is local and had pleaded guilty, but I still charged by court and till now I still fighting with my charges.

My question is do I still have a chance working here in other field with other company? Will this effected my SPass application, even I had a remarkable career background in this 6 years and this is my first court case & I'm purely innocent?

I understand local always have more easier to have second chance but not for foreign talent but now I really feel disappointed for something I'm not do but I have red dot in my career and future and this is really effected me.

It's so unfair. I love here but coz of this person, he selfishly did, pleaded guilty and have second chance and live his life happily but me? I had nothing to do with this but because involve indirectly and had been charged & whole career and life here and future had been jeopardize.

Thank you for your advice and really appreciated it

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 8:16 am

Don't post multiple, identical posts. Your other posts have been deleted.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 9:41 am

IF you win the court case you should have no problem obtaining another S Pass in the future... (with some exceptions - if you're a person of ill repute or the case involves certain types of crime such as drug use you still may be refused).

yazbluebangel

Post by yazbluebangel » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:47 am

@PNGMK what's the definition of win? How about if final result been fined?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:53 am

yazbluebangel wrote:@PNGMK what's the definition of win? How about if final result been fined?

That's not a win; that's a conviction and probably a conviction recorded. If this is in the magistrates court or similar criminal court you now have a criminal record and you will have some issues coming back in. Get a copy of your criminal record in Singapore to determine what it says.