Singapore Expats

racist dating

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:44 am

ecureilx wrote:mmm .. with the dreaded threat of thread drift .. North Indians claim Aryan genes .. whereas South Indians claim Dravidian genes ..
I reckon that's why a large number of North Indian men are such big douchebags, thinking they're god's gift to womankind but I could be missing something.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:59 am

Careful, before WD40 comes in here and calls squirrel a liar because the Southern Indians are not Dravidians. (So HE says). :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Careful, before WD40 comes in here and calls squirrel a liar because the Southern Indians are not Dravidians. (So HE says). :lol:
oh .. then correction .. the south Eastern Part of India has dravidians ;)

Happy now ??

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:31 pm

I'm in your camp! It's WD40 who has the problem! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:40 pm

JR8 wrote:Indians are caucasians.
We are talking about some FB application. There is no Caucasian there:
a) Asian
b) Black
c) Chinese
d) Latino
e) White
what would an average FB user chose?
Also by the choice of the "races" it looks this appl was targeting US users. So what an average US FB user think about Indians that may fit this list?
Last edited by x9200 on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:42 pm

There is no ''''white'''' race. your poll is inalid @_

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:44 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:Indians are caucasians.
We are talking about some FB application. If an average FB user would be give a choice as of where to put the Indians to, and this choice was limited as in my initial post to:
a) Asian
b) Black
c) Chinese
d) Latino
e) White
what would this average FB chose?
Also by the choice of the "races" it looks this appl was targeting US users.
Talking about Indians. I just remembered a funny episode a few years back. Our Indian GM and some of the other GM's were together for a strategy seminar. Over lunch I sit with the Australian GM and the Indian GM. We talk for 10-15 mins and the Aussie guy goes "I just have to say I love that accent of yours mate"... The Indian guy looks at him and replies: "What accent? We are 1 billion people speaking like this - you are 18 million people in Australia. Now, who has the funny accent"..... Priceless....

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 1:55 pm

Fortan wrote:
Talking about Indians. I just remembered a funny episode a few years back. Our Indian GM and some of the other GM's were together for a strategy seminar. Over lunch I sit with the Australian GM and the Indian GM. We talk for 10-15 mins and the Aussie guy goes "I just have to say I love that accent of yours mate"... The Indian guy looks at him and replies: "What accent? We are 1 billion people speaking like this - you are 18 million people in Australia. Now, who has the funny accent"..... Priceless....
WTF? Just from your story alone, the Aussie bloke did not say the accent was funny.

Another thing, since when was it a contest of who has more people speaking the same way. Everyone has an accent.

The Indian guy sounded like he'd get offended by the slightest things.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:21 pm

nakatago wrote:
Fortan wrote:
WTF? Just from your story alone, the Aussie bloke did not say the accent was funny.

Another thing, since when was it a contest of who has more people speaking the same way. Everyone has an accent.

Yeah, he did take it as an offence and got a little hostile.... I do actually think the Aussie said: "I love that funny accent of yours", come to think of it. There was an awful lot of shaking his head from side to side going on at the same time :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:28 pm

And somebody was complaining elsewhere about people not taking irony. There must be a balance in the universe.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:50 pm

nakatago wrote: Another thing, since when was it a contest of who has more people speaking the same way. Everyone has an accent.

ah .. the Indian logic is as simple as somebody insisting the UK Minister speak in Hindi .. since India is not a Colony of GB anymore .. and .. while the Indians were fed English under the British rule, it is time the British learn Hindi now ..

Be scared, be very very scared .. (yes, with a billion people at their disposal, many things could be demanded ..)

Looking for the nearest bomb shelter to hide till it all clears up ..

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote: Another thing, since when was it a contest of who has more people speaking the same way. Everyone has an accent.

ah .. the Indian logic is as simple as somebody insisting the UK Minister speak in Hindi .. since India is not a Colony of GB anymore .. and .. while the Indians were fed English under the British rule, it is time the British learn Hindi now ..

Be scared, be very very scared .. (yes, with a billion people at their disposal, many things could be demanded ..)

Looking for the nearest bomb shelter to hide till it all clears up ..
They should be consistent internally first, I reckon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:56 pm

nakatago wrote:They should be consistent internally first, I reckon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_India
Again, wrong .. :)

Majority there speak one language, so the minority .. well, is there a minority ?? :)

The majority wins .. so case closed.

PS: No offence to anybody from India .. it's just idle banter ..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah! Like the Irish, Scottish, Welsh & English! Most definitely! :lol:

SkeLo

Re: racist dating

Post by SkeLo » Mon, 19 Jan 2015 8:51 am

x9200 wrote:Some figures as expected but interesting to see all served on one plate.

So does black also cover any "other" brown brothers as well such as PI men?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk