Singapore Expats

Recommend A Place To Buy Mattress

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Wen_XY

Recommend A Place To Buy Mattress

Post by Wen_XY » Fri, 22 Nov 2013 4:54 pm

Hi forumers, I'm looking to buy a new mattress. Can I get suggestions on where I should purchase my mattress?

I'm referring to the list here, which one of these stores is the best?

1) Serta
2) Dunlopillo
3) Sealy
4) Ibeds Studio
5) Tilam King
6) Sleeppost
7) Prestige Affairs
8) Sleepy Star
9) Harvey Norman
10) Courts

All inputs appreciated!

Herman S

Post by Herman S » Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:24 pm

What are your requirements?

I'm using a no name brand 'Stylemaster', purchased from Courts years ago and it's still holding up pretty well. I think a lot of what you pay for in a mattress is the marketing cost, especially for the big brands.

Wen_XY

Post by Wen_XY » Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:25 am

Herman S wrote:What are your requirements?

I'm using a no name brand 'Stylemaster', purchased from Courts years ago and it's still holding up pretty well. I think a lot of what you pay for in a mattress is the marketing cost, especially for the big brands.
I suppose so...

My budget is around $1000 to $1500, so I think I should be able to get a decent mattress. Maybe I'll drop by Sungei Kadut, I heard all the factory outlets are there.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:12 pm

I think it's like buying a car, as a starting point you need to define what your needs and expectations are.

Is it just for you, or two? What size and weight are you? What size is the bedroom? Do you hope to keep using existing bed-linen?

You can find mattress buying guides on the web (for example Ikea had/have one).

Wen_XY

Post by Wen_XY » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 2:17 pm

JR8 wrote:I think it's like buying a car, as a starting point you need to define what your needs and expectations are.

Is it just for you, or two? What size and weight are you? What size is the bedroom? Do you hope to keep using existing bed-linen?

You can find mattress buying guides on the web (for example Ikea had/have one).
haha! hopefully not as expensive as a car =(

It's for the guest room in our house.

I'm quite petite. I'm reading some websites, found a big thread about mattresses on hardwarezone :shock:

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 9:37 am

We bought one with storage space under the bed at The Furniture at Tan Boon Liat Building. Its an industrial building along river valley area with a few interesting shops around. I also had fun shopping at The Providore there.

Wen_XY

Post by Wen_XY » Thu, 28 Nov 2013 7:49 am

Girl_Next_Door wrote:We bought one with storage space under the bed at The Furniture at Tan Boon Liat Building. Its an industrial building along river valley area with a few interesting shops around. I also had fun shopping at The Providore there.
Thank you for your suggestion =) I work in the city area, will drop that place after office hours. I heard Pomelo, Mountain Teak and The Shop House are located there too. Can't wait to visit! Might end up buying more than a mattress =((