Singapore Expats

Avg Sal for software Eng/Mgr - 15 yrs. of exp

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
samnik

Avg Sal for software Eng/Mgr - 15 yrs. of exp

Post by samnik » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 3:37 am

Presently, I make about INR 1.2 lakh take home per month in India, Bangalore. We are planning to move to Singapore assuming that I can make better money. Could you please suggest if that is a fair assumption. Main reason to choose Singapore is, it's close to India and I can also bring my parents to live over there.

Would appreciate if you can provide your valuable suggestions for the following questions:
1. How much can I expect in Singapore with 15 years of experience in Software Industry?
2. Can I bring my Mother to stay with us?
3. My wife also would be working there and we have two kids 6 yrs and 2 yrs. Is it possible to manage to get a day time domestic maid?
4. How is primary education in Singapore? Would it be better than in India (Bangalore)?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 9:07 am

Did you get a job offer in Singapore? The job market in Singapore is pathetic compared to Bangalore. So for like to like skills, you are more likely to be having a better role and better salary(cost of living, adjusted) in Bangalore than in Singapore. For 15 Years Exp your salary of 1.2L INR is too low in Bangalore. That is the salary for like 7 years experience developers working in service industry companies.

Would appreciate if you can provide your valuable suggestions for the following questions:
1. How much can I expect in Singapore with 15 years of experience in Software Industry?
A: Depends on what experience you have. You could get SGD5k-20k. Completely depends on your skills. But I would say the equivalent of 1.2L INR is about 6.5k SGD and it is kind of average salary in Singapore for developer level.
2. Can I bring my Mother to stay with us?
A: Only if your salary is above SGD12k, which is tough to get unless you are really top class.
3. My wife also would be working there and we have two kids 6 yrs and 2 yrs. Is it possible to manage to get a day time domestic maid?
A:Yes, possible.
4. How is primary education in Singapore? Would it be better than in India (Bangalore)?
A: There are Indian International Schools, quality of education isn't equivalent to the money that you spend on them. They are equal to average schools in India.

samnik

Post by samnik » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:44 am

Thank you ! That helps.