Singapore Expats

Any expat teachers out there looking for a job?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Mariell

Any expat teachers out there looking for a job?

Post by Mariell » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 5:13 pm

Hello!

I currently work as a teacher at an international kindergarten here in Singapore. However, I have lately found out that teaching isn't quite for me after all, so I've started the process of finding a different job. I might have something waiting for me after Christmas, but the issue is that I have several months notice in my current job, which I guess is meant to give the school enough time to find a replacement. Because of this, I'm wondering if there's any expat teachers out there who are looking for a new job? If so, I might be able to get out of my current job earlier, provided that my employers want to hire you of course, so it could be a good solution for all parties! Just for the record, I'd like to add that it's nothing wrong with the school. The children, parents and teachers are all lovely, so me wanting to leave the school is no reflection on any of this, it's simply a result of me wanting a career change.

If this sounds interesting, then pm me, and I'll give you more information.

Kind regards,
Mariell

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:12 am

Are you a foreign on an EP?

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 5:31 am

hi. i do not clock enough posts in the forum to use private message ...

just like to know what's the requirements needed to apply for the kindergarten teacher post?

Mariell

Post by Mariell » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 1:10 pm

Hi! You would have to have some sort of teaching degree, although a Diploma could be ok. I think international experience would be a great plus. Can I ask what your background is Chris-pilegrim? If i know that, i can better judge if you're qualified.

Nituna

Post by Nituna » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 5:10 pm

hi Mariell

I have a CELTA that i got in 2012 from the UK and taught English in Hong Kong for a year. Moved here with my husband last month so i'm a Dependent pass holder. Does that work?

ness024

Post by ness024 » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 8:05 am

Hi

I have a degree in psychology and education, currently doing a grad dip in ECE. Grew up in HK and now live in NZ, looking to move to Singapore. I was just wondering when the replacement would be needed by?

Van

Mariell

Post by Mariell » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 11:41 am

Hi! The replacement would be needed by early May, but I think they might already have found somebody...sorry about that! However, I know that several teachers are leaving at the end of the school year (end of June), so my school will need plenty of new teachers for the next school year (starting in August)! You should get in touch with them when it's getting closer to May/June! I can send you all a PM with the name of the school then. As I wrote earlier, they are ideally looking for someone with a teaching degree/diploma and work experience as a teacher, but as they will need quite a few new teachers, I'm sure they will be flexible! Good luck!