Staying mid term questions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
question mark
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 3:54 pm

Staying mid term questions

Post by question mark » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:01 pm

Hi there,

I'm interested in staying in Singapore for about a year but can't really find any viable options for my situation:

I'm employed through my own 2 person company and work over the Internet. I've emailed with Singapore immigration and they basically said I'd be ok staying on 90 day passes but would always be be at the mercy of the customs officer. I also read you can't rent an apartment on a tourist stamp/visa anyway?

I don't have any special education or skills unfortunately. Maybe I could relocate my company to Singapore and sponsor myself a work visa?

I'm thankful for any help / ideas

Posts: 486
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 9:38 am
Location: London

Post by FaeLLe » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 1:10 pm

You would need a private partner to setup a Pte Ltd.
There are many agencies who can help you setup a business for a fee.

Once you have a firm setup you can appoint yourself the Director and get an Employment Pass.

User avatar
Posts: 38854
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 1:30 pm

"and hopefully, get an employment pass"
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Staying mid term questions

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 1:58 pm

question mark wrote: ... I also read you can't rent an apartment on a tourist stamp/visa anyway? ..
Well, you can always rent Serviced Apartments .. :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests