Singapore Expats

LTVP application

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
bdazzled

LTVP application

Post by bdazzled » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:27 pm

Hello..I would like to ask for advice regarding LTVP application. My husband is PR for 6 yrs here. I have applied twice for LTVP since we got married last March 2013 both rejected. What I did since then was stay up to 89 days then go back to hometown Philippines. I came back last September and was extended only for another 30 days (until November) because the ICA officer noticed I have been in Singapore for 3 months (May-August). ICA Officer said I could extend up to 89 days only after 4 months again. So me and my husband went to Indonesia for 5 days (Nov2-7). But when I came back ICA summoned me and told me what I did was a U-Turn because my extension was until Nov10. Yet they still gave me 30 days with new DE card oz I told them I am going home Nov10. My question is would it be ok for me to apply for another LTVP with new DE card? Whatever the outcome of the LTVP I sitll want to try yet I am afraid ICA would see my U-turn in Indonesia in my passport. Hoping for your replies and pieces of advice. Thanx..
bdazzled

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 1:38 pm

You will end up being banned for a minimum of 6 months and possibly more for playing the fool with immigration. They are not to be trifled with. Do so at your own peril.

In fact, you might not be allowed entry into the country.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bdazzled

Post by bdazzled » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 2:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You will end up being banned for a minimum of 6 months and possibly more for playing the fool with immigration. They are not to be trifled with. Do so at your own peril.

In fact, you might not be allowed entry into the country.

Ok..thanx for your advice..
bdazzled

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 2:41 pm

I agree with SMS. Stop the visa runs and long stays here, or you will be banned from the country.

I think your options are:
1) Apply for LTVP again. I think it would be good to know how much your husband earns, because minimum would be S$4000 for him to sponsor you. Also good to know the nationality / race of your partner. In the meantime, have only short stays in Singapore (a few days only).
2) Look for a Plan B to move to another country where you can be together.
3) Find a job in Singapore that allows you to remain here on your own visa. Not sure if that is a possibility for you.

In any case, ICA does have your records for all your entries and exits for SG.

bdazzled

Post by bdazzled » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 5:13 pm

AngMoG wrote:I agree with SMS. Stop the visa runs and long stays here, or you will be banned from the country.

I think your options are:
1) Apply for LTVP again. I think it would be good to know how much your husband earns, because minimum would be S$4000 for him to sponsor you. Also good to know the nationality / race of your partner. In the meantime, have only short stays in Singapore (a few days only).
2) Look for a Plan B to move to another country where you can be together.
3) Find a job in Singapore that allows you to remain here on your own visa. Not sure if that is a possibility for you.

In any case, ICA does have your records for all your entries and exits for SG.
ok..thanx also..my previous stays for up to 89 days were all valid..the last one was quite a risk..im looking at option 2 and 3 now..thanx again..
bdazzled