OK SMOKO. You are going to smoke the peace pipe with me on this onesmoko wrote: @MS I have no bad intention but am trying to help my rellies. Do you know a good lawyer that they can consult ?
I am walking on thin ice to calm you down
1. As you have read thru my posting and from Mindef , CMPB even foreign mission basically you are into grips with the age issue
2. The child is the one the will face the music period.
3. The parents if they still live in SG will be harass or prosecute if the prosecutors can proof beyond reasonable doubt that they help their child to jump ship hence the $5K fine.
4. If the child is overseas and still holding SG PP that it will not get renewal once expired as all renewal is done at ICA SG although you submit in overseas
5, If the child holds a foreign PP he is fine as long as he does not enter SG or in transit as his name will be in that flight manifest. To detain or not is anybody guess. There are several cases prior to the internet era that defaulters got haul back or detained. Again it all depends on if the child is going to be an example for all would be
6. If the parents lives overseas, the SG Gahmen cannot do any harm unless they return to SG . If the parents hold foreign PP chances will be slimmer even if they were to return to SG but that depends if the parents knowingly which is a crime hold dual PP. If the parents renounces theirs prior to the child NS issues then it is fine but if it is otherwise I do not want to gamble with it
7. Interpol has too many things to do other then hauling NS defaulters. There are categories on when Interpol steps in. NS defaulters is NOT one of them.
8. The implication if the child mess up his life is by not gaining employment in SG nor a social visit.
9. Lawyers just sucks your money away with little help.
10. We did hauled one chap back from Brisbane but he was already a "deserter" for 7 years.
11. Unless your family is a white horse category then frets no more
NS guidelines and its revisions came about mainly targeting the Chinese ethnic population as this groups has the wealth and means to jump ship.
LKY , GKS knew this hence this guidelines was put up
This group is the most passive, obedient but least loyalty towards SG.
Take example of the piano man, Teh Chean Wan, and many ex MP that are Chinese which try to defy the odds and failed
Does this satisfy your doubts ?