Singapore Expats

Horrors awaiting parents of NS defaulters

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Nov 2013 4:13 pm

Actually, I think he's the defaulter, not the parent. He intelligent enough to be able to hunt down other information on prisons, etc. and he didn't know about how old the father was when he arrived here. If they are rellies, I would suppose the writer would have had to be of the same generation at the father, therefore should have had some idea. Whereas the writer, if the son, was born in Singapore, may well not have known how long his parents were in Singapore of if the father had done NS or not.

We are talking to, what appears to me, as the son who was screwed by the parents first and has decided he doesn't want to return to face the music now that he realizes that he is well and truly phucked. Speaking of which, the son would be a lot more adept at the English language and picked up on the notation between deserter and defaulter, which leads me to believe an Australian education.

I might be wrong though. :-k [-( :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:54 am

smoko wrote:@zzm9980 and @Mad Scientist
Why the cynicism and the meaness? What's all this negativity about?

Come to think of it, SMS is right. Looking at this angle he is doing a dumpster on his parent.
You little pr*ck, ungrateful ba@stard. Yes , your parent screwed you up for not following the protocol but that does not give you the right to ditch NS just because of their mistake.Hell, many parent made this blunder.
You are forgetting that your parent did this migration for the betterment of your family's future. Are you forgetting that without your parent's sacrifice, you would not have Ozzie education, you monkey!!.
Yes , they made this mistake and you will make the same mistake if you refuse to do NS
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

smoko

Post by smoko » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:14 am

Mad Scientist wrote:

Come to think of it, SMS is right. Looking at this angle he is doing a dumpster on his parent.
You little pr*ck, ungrateful ba@stard. Yes , your parent screwed you up for not following the protocol but that does not give you the right to ditch NS just because of their mistake.Hell, many parent made this blunder.
You are forgetting that your parent did this migration for the betterment of your family's future. Are you forgetting that without your parent's sacrifice, you would not have Ozzie education, you monkey!!.
Yes , they made this mistake and you will make the same mistake if you refuse to do NS
Why the vitriolic language and name calling? I don't comprehend why you lack common civility and why you are so antagonistic.

Chill mate. You're not in the Singapore army anymore so there's no need to be so aggro. You're a civilian now, you have to learn to be civil.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 4:17 pm

smoko wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:

Why the vitriolic language and name calling? I don't comprehend why you lack common civility and why you are so antagonistic.

Chill mate. You're not in the Singapore army anymore so there's no need to be so aggro. You're a civilian now, you have to learn to be civil.
MS takes things to heart.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Nov 2013 4:26 pm

MS has also put himself in harms way with the Singapore government with the information that he dispenses. The last time he tried to come here I think he spend a couple of days free courtesy of the gahment. He's putting himself out there because of what he knows and dislikes, but he doesn't like being played for a fool. Neither do I. I smelled a rat early on, and I didn't see you deny it when I called you out. MS is a real asset here and takes his volunteer work here seriously. We all do. I hope I was wrong, but I still don't think I am because anybody else who was older would understand why MS got upset. Maybe they wouldn't be quite as vitriolic, but would have been just as upset to say the least.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoko

Post by smoko » Sun, 01 Dec 2013 1:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:MS has also put himself in harms way with the Singapore government with the information that he dispenses. The last time he tried to come here I think he spend a couple of days free courtesy of the gahment. He's putting himself out there because of what he knows and dislikes, but he doesn't like being played for a fool. Neither do I. I smelled a rat early on, and I didn't see you deny it when I called you out. MS is a real asset here and takes his volunteer work here seriously. We all do. I hope I was wrong, but I still don't think I am because anybody else who was older would understand why MS got upset. Maybe they wouldn't be quite as vitriolic, but would have been just as upset to say the least.
I've already said I'm a relly but you guys are adamant that I'm not so I don't see any point keep refuting it. Like I said I have no malicious intention. Just trying to get some help.

I'm sorry to hear that the gahmen managed to trace MS's real identity despite using a nick name. From all his posts, he had been very helpful.