Singapore Expats

Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
harrypatel

Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Post by harrypatel » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 9:14 pm

Hi All,

Im new to this forum so apologies if i am posting this in the wrong place or the topic has already been covered.

I am looking to move to Singapore in the next month and looking at renting a villa unit at Reflections, Keppel Bay.

It is for myself/wife and 5 month old baby (Im from the UK)

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the location and whether this would be suitable for us first timers. I will be working from home too

Anyone heard about living there? and any problems?

I have viewed many condos in holland village/orchard/east coast and this seems to be the nicest and fairly spacious for Singapore.

Search By

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 9:40 pm

Will you have a car?

What are the facilities like shopping, post office, banks, etc within walking distance?

harrypatel

Post by harrypatel » Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:20 pm

undecided on a car yet although may be a good idea considering we have a baby. What do you think? Also I know reflections has a shuttle bus to vivo which has banks etc there.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Post by the lynx » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 8:49 am

harrypatel wrote:Hi All,

Im new to this forum so apologies if i am posting this in the wrong place or the topic has already been covered.

I am looking to move to Singapore in the next month and looking at renting a villa unit at Reflections, Keppel Bay.

It is for myself/wife and 5 month old baby (Im from the UK)

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the location and whether this would be suitable for us first timers. I will be working from home too

Anyone heard about living there? and any problems?

I have viewed many condos in holland village/orchard/east coast and this seems to be the nicest and fairly spacious for Singapore.
1. It is very spacious and very comfortable (the villa unit). Facilities (swimming pool/gym/mini grocer) are good and depending on which block you live, you will be living next to marina overlooking Keppel Yacht club (I think). On the other hand, the condo unit (the one inside the oh-so-curvy towers) is very small and with odd pillars here and there, but very suitable for single residents or those who prefer smaller space.

2. Because the whole condo area is very wide, walking from your unit to the gate can kill you with this Singapore sun and humidity. There is a shuttle bus to Vivo but having own car is better in this situation.

In conclusions, if it is within your budget to live there AND to have a car, Reflections is a lovely place to live.

Should ask one of our regulars, Fortan. He lives there and may be able to provide better insight.

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 9:20 am

Isn't there a pillar in the middle of the living room? We looked at it last year together with others. Vivo is your local, all the banks, supermarkets are there. Lovely view but not for us. Buses are nearby and MRT at Harbourfront is handy

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 9:24 am

PrimroseHill wrote:Isn't there a pillar in the middle of the living room? We looked at it last year together with others. Vivo is your local, all the banks, supermarkets are there. Lovely view but not for us. Buses are nearby and MRT at Harbourfront is handy
The villa unit doesn't have that odd pillar. Only the tower unit.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 11:02 am

For better connectivity, the next door Caribbean at Keppel Bay might be a better bet. It's older and the design is less iconic but it alos has MUCH better access to bus stops. (For going to the condo, there's a bus stop right outside the side gate. For going into town you just have to cross the road.) And if you don't mind a 10 minute walk, Harbourfront is just a stroll away.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

harrypatel

Post by harrypatel » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 7:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. I did look at Caribbean but prefer reflections.

Any idea how long it takes to get to:

1.Orchard
2. CBD
3. Raffles area

Any other thoughts on reflections, I like the ideal of being close to the marina and sea (apparently a bit cooler?)

At reflections they offer various packages:

Package 1 (extra $500 p/m)
** Rental package (Fully Furnished excluding utilities & housekeeping):

• Fully furnished apartment with 46”

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Singaporean Pm joins non-exec board of Rolls Royce

Post by JR8 » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 7:19 pm

------------
'Rolls Royce has appointed two new directors: Warren East, former chief executive of ARM Holdings, is joining as non-executive director and chairman of the audit committee. Lee Hsien Yang, already on the advisory board, is joining the main board as a non-executive. '
-------------
Daily Telegraph - Uk

Hmmm... interesting, I wouldn't have imagined that Prime-ministers are permitted to have such external interests.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 7:25 pm

Read the name again. He is not the PM :)

Kayatoast

Post by Kayatoast » Sun, 10 Nov 2013 8:43 pm

We have been living in Reflections for almost 2 months. We initially wanted to move to the Caribbean but there weren't many options available there and we felt that we could get better value for money at Reflections. We are from the UK and have a 1 year old girl.

The units vary quite a bit in size, as do the positions of the pillars. We don't have a pillar in our apartment. We are technically in a 2 bed plus study, which we found more practical than a 3 bed. We use the utility room as our little girl's bedroom (it has a window, is a workable size and she seems to like it) and then we have a separate room for the computer which is handy when I'm working from home.

I commute to Orchard every day and it takes about 35 mins. I walk to Telok Blangah MRT station as it's only a 5 minute walk from the side gate (which is also the quickest way to the bus stop) - I find the shuttle bus more useful coming in the opposite direction. It's a lovely walk from Harbourfront/Vivocity, though - only 15 mins and lovely views. We don't have a car and don't think we need one. The Streetdirectory website is great for finding out how long it takes to get from A to B.

Aside from the obvious places at the malls there are some good places to eat at the marina, the Keppel Club (the restaurants are open to non-members), a hawker centre at Telok Blangah and a seafood restaurant 10 mins away in Labrador Park. It's great to be able to get to some of these places without going near a road. The shop in the condo is handy and charges similar prices to Cold Storage.

We spent 3 years in the east Coast and loved it but wanted a change. We certainly have no regrets so far!

Good luck with your search!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:23 pm

harrypatel wrote:Thanks for the replies. I did look at Caribbean but prefer reflections.

Any idea how long it takes to get to:

1.Orchard
2. CBD
3. Raffles area
Try www.gothere.sg , it will give you time (and cost) estimates by taxi, bus, or bus+train at the time of the day you specify. It's quite handy.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 11 Nov 2013 8:57 am

the lynx wrote:
PrimroseHill wrote:Isn't there a pillar in the middle of the living room? We looked at it last year together with others. Vivo is your local, all the banks, supermarkets are there. Lovely view but not for us. Buses are nearby and MRT at Harbourfront is handy
The villa unit doesn't have that odd pillar. Only the tower unit.
I live in one of the tower units and it doesn't have a pillar. It depends on which floor you are.

thismyvoice
Chatter
Chatter

Post by thismyvoice » Sun, 17 Nov 2013 4:51 pm

Kayatoast wrote:We have been living in Reflections for almost 2 months. We initially wanted to move to the Caribbean but there weren't many options available there and we felt that we could get better value for money at Reflections. We are from the UK and have a 1 year old girl.

The units vary quite a bit in size, as do the positions of the pillars. We don't have a pillar in our apartment. We are technically in a 2 bed plus study, which we found more practical than a 3 bed. We use the utility room as our little girl's bedroom (it has a window, is a workable size and she seems to like it) and then we have a separate room for the computer which is handy when I'm working from home.

I commute to Orchard every day and it takes about 35 mins. I walk to Telok Blangah MRT station as it's only a 5 minute walk from the side gate (which is also the quickest way to the bus stop) - I find the shuttle bus more useful coming in the opposite direction. It's a lovely walk from Harbourfront/Vivocity, though - only 15 mins and lovely views. We don't have a car and don't think we need one. The Streetdirectory website is great for finding out how long it takes to get from A to B.

Aside from the obvious places at the malls there are some good places to eat at the marina, the Keppel Club (the restaurants are open to non-members), a hawker centre at Telok Blangah and a seafood restaurant 10 mins away in Labrador Park. It's great to be able to get to some of these places without going near a road. The shop in the condo is handy and charges similar prices to Cold Storage.

We spent 3 years in the east Coast and loved it but wanted a change. We certainly have no regrets so far!

Good luck with your search!
Would just like to add that the walk to the MRT station and Vivo is not sheltered. Other than that, I think you have covered most of the points.

Are there still a lot of units in Reflections for rent? Is it fully occupied now? When I was there last year, the agent has 2 whole bunch of keys (for sale or rent).

AmalNaik

Re: Living at Reflections Keppel Bay - Help!

Post by AmalNaik » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 6:04 pm

Hi! We wanted to finalize a unit at 23 Reflections @ Keppel Bay and wanted to know how far is Telok Blangah bus stop in terms of distance in meters. My agent mentioned that it takes just 5 mins of walk from the side gate. Can someone help if this is correct, please? Thanks much!