Singapore Expats

Ltvp renewal processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Ltvp renewal processing time

Post by Beeroclock » Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:55 pm

Just recently did an e renewal for my kid and it took just under 4 weeks to receive the IPA. Was a bit stressful as only came a few days before her existing expiry, so I was starting to brace myself for a visit to ICA for extension, but luckily it wasn't needed. Suggest anyone in similar situation to submit your e renewal 7-8 weeks ahead , I certainly will next time!

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:18 am

Also want to hijack this post to point out that even LTSVP for dependents no longer assured. Heard of a case where the first kid got a pass (PR or LTSVP, don't remember) with both parents PR, second (new-born) kid got PR and LTSVP denied, and is going to have to leave the country.

As a note, new-born children of PR couples may or may not get PR these days. Many cases will only get LTSVP

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 04 Nov 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up, TS. I was waiting for mid Nov to do my daughter's but will do it now.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 04 Nov 2013 3:52 pm

AngMoG wrote:Also want to hijack this post to point out that even LTSVP for dependents no longer assured. Heard of a case where the first kid got a pass (PR or LTSVP, don't remember) with both parents PR, second (new-born) kid got PR and LTSVP denied, and is going to have to leave the country.

As a note, new-born children of PR couples may or may not get PR these days. Many cases will only get LTSVP
Heard some stories also. It could be that the PR sponsor already had too many dependents under LTVP (parents, children etc) or that the PR sponsor is already working overseas for some time (while still within the REP period). It is quite worrying if it is none of the above which means they may be actively denying LTVP based on other things such as nationality.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 04 Nov 2013 4:35 pm

bro75 wrote:
AngMoG wrote:Also want to hijack this post to point out that even LTSVP for dependents no longer assured. Heard of a case where the first kid got a pass (PR or LTSVP, don't remember) with both parents PR, second (new-born) kid got PR and LTSVP denied, and is going to have to leave the country.

Heard some stories also. It could be that the PR sponsor already had too many dependents under LTVP (parents, children etc) or that the PR sponsor is already working overseas for some time (while still within the REP period). It is quite worrying if it is none of the above which means they may be actively denying LTVP based on other things such as nationality.
Every time I had to renew LTVP for my wife I was holding my breath. Nothing is guaranteed anymore.