Singapore Expats

Beef Noodle / Kway Teow stall closure Coffee Shop Ubi Ave 3

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Beef Noodle / Kway Teow stall closure Coffee Shop Ubi Ave 3

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:37 pm

May Fav lunchtime noodle stall has gone ......

Always a queue ....... if this place couldnt make it I am amazed others can last.

The only upside is that not so many people in the Coffee Shop today ... usually a wait if you go for lunch around midday ...... Today barely half the tables were occupied.

:cry:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 1:30 pm

I have always enjoyed reading your sitrep from the epic east of Singapore...

:lol: :P

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 2:23 pm

Happy to be of service

Its live action on the ground reporting from the under side of Singapore.
:D

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 4:12 pm

Was there a sign that said why it closed or whether it was relocating? Maybe it was closed by inspectors for health reasons.

The Carl's Jr at Big Splash closed within the last few months and I was surprised because it seemed like a popular place. not sure what the issue was.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 4:18 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Was there a sign that said why it closed or whether it was relocating? Maybe it was closed by inspectors for health reasons.

The Carl's Jr at Big Splash closed within the last few months and I was surprised because it seemed like a popular place. not sure what the issue was.
No indication.... was there last week .... this week gone!!!

Probably had the rent jacked up on them.

All the equipment has gone....

Maybe they have moved elsewhere for lower rent.... though I cant imagine where rent could be lower than in Ubi ....

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 5:38 pm

BedokAmerican wrote: The Carl's Jr at Big Splash closed within the last few months and I was surprised because it seemed like a popular place. not sure what the issue was.
It's a new "Crab in a bag" place now. The hostess pretty much admitted they're a rip off of this popular crab place in California: http://www.theboilingcrab.com/

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 8:15 pm

Bet it can't hold a candle to Chesapeake Bay Style Steamed Crabs!

Chesapeake style in Singapore using Mangrove crabs. Not too bad.

Next time I'm going get a load of Blue Swimmers (Flower Crabs) as they are related to the Chesapeake Blue Crab.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 05 Nov 2013 1:04 pm

Are stall closures at coffee shops a good barometer for the underlying well bring of the economy?

Just been to Eating House Ubi 10 on Ubi Road 3 .... first time there for a couple of months and three stalls have closed since then :(

Its a shame as the economical rice and the Thai food stalls there are pretty good, however as the place is practically devoid of customers I suspect that now there is no noodle and/or muslim/indian stall there, almost everyone is going elsewhere.