Singapore Expats Forum

Vacation to Sydney!

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Wd40
Director
Director

Vacation to Sydney!

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:11 pm

Just casually browsing Facebook and I see this ad that FlyScoot has a 24hr offer of $24 fares to any destination(Its still on, in case anyone is interested!). Curious about it, went and did a search and found some awesome deals. Spent about 1 hr and decided Sydney it is. Got return tickets for 3 of us for $630 flat :cool:

I have booked for 4 nights in the middle of Feb. Now starts the actual research about visas, where to stay, what to do etc :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 9:31 am

Funny how $24 ends up as $210 isn't it. But hey that's budget airline pricing for you.

Still a good deal though, and it is a lovely city to visit!

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Re: Vacation to Sydney!

Postby the lynx » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 9:58 am

Wd40 wrote:Just casually browsing Facebook and I see this ad that FlyScoot has a 24hr offer of $24 fares to any destination(Its still on, in case anyone is interested!). Curious about it, went and did a search and found some awesome deals. Spent about 1 hr and decided Sydney it is. Got return tickets for 3 of us for $630 flat :cool:

I have booked for 4 nights in the middle of Feb. Now starts the actual research about visas, where to stay, what to do etc :)

Sydney is awesome. Lots to see. Eating out is expensive though. Best to make your own meals or take-away.

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks guys. I just realised after booking the tickets that visa for Indians is A$130!!!! Damn! That's super expensive.

Hotels too nothing decent under $100, but luckily my cousin stays in Sydney and has offered to host us and show us around, that's a mighty sigh of relief :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 25 Oct 2013 1:26 pm

Wd40 wrote:Thanks guys. I just realised after booking the tickets that visa for Indians is A$130!!!! Damn! That's super expensive.

These fees tend to be reciprocal (tit-for-tat). Fees for visas to India are very high. I can't find the cost from the HCI website, but even a simple tourist stamp/chop 'visa on arrival' is US$60!

natashakelly

I am sure you will enjoy your trip

Postby natashakelly » Fri, 06 Dec 2013 4:44 am

I am sure will enjoy your trip, this is a great deal they are offering there are so many travel management company and business travel agency who offers great deals and manage whole Vacation Travel.