Singapore Expats

Feedback / waitlists for SAS, UWC, SAIS

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
kbishop

Feedback / waitlists for SAS, UWC, SAIS

Post by kbishop » Sun, 20 Oct 2013 7:49 am

We are considering a one year move to Singapore for the 14/15 school year and are trying to find updated information on SAS, UWCSEA, and SAIS. Most of the feedback in this forum is from several years back. So I would greatly appreciate any insight on the current waitlist state at these schools and also general feedback.

From this and another forum, I've seen some movement (from pos to neg) around SAS though we have received very positive feedback from friends who had attended there. UWCSEA (from feedback and research) looks very consistent and great. And the question here is if the waitlist is too long at Dover, should we seriously consider the East campus? Or are both of these too far fetched to consider. And the SAIS information in this forum, while positive, is from several years back and unclear on the waitlist.

Obviously we know the waitlists have been extremely long at these schools and it could take year to get into a given school. So any updates would be great.

Our son will be in the fourth grade next year. He is a dual citizen (US / Italy), bilingual, and we live in San Francisco.

Thanks!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Feedback / waitlists for SAS, UWC, SAIS

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 20 Oct 2013 8:08 pm

kbishop wrote:We are considering a one year move to Singapore for the 14/15 school year and are trying to find updated information on SAS, UWCSEA, and SAIS. Most of the feedback in this forum is from several years back. So I would greatly appreciate any insight on the current waitlist state at these schools and also general feedback.

From this and another forum, I've seen some movement (from pos to neg) around SAS though we have received very positive feedback from friends who had attended there. UWCSEA (from feedback and research) looks very consistent and great. And the question here is if the waitlist is too long at Dover, should we seriously consider the East campus? Or are both of these too far fetched to consider. And the SAIS information in this forum, while positive, is from several years back and unclear on the waitlist.

Obviously we know the waitlists have been extremely long at these schools and it could take year to get into a given school. So any updates would be great.

Our son will be in the fourth grade next year. He is a dual citizen (US / Italy), bilingual, and we live in San Francisco.

Thanks!

Add ICS to your list. Small wait lists, small class sizes and a very +ve school. AP curriculum.

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by scarbowl » Mon, 21 Oct 2013 8:44 am

If you are offered admission to UWC I wouldn't worry so much about "which campus" as both are good. SAS is pricey in the first year and about about the same as the others cost wise in the 2nd and beyond. If you attend there you'll be quite happy with the programme offerings and academics. ICS is a cozy and welcoming school. SAIS is still newish and having growing pains. They don't yet offer all grades. GEMS is opening in August through grade 8. Plenty of choices.