Singapore Expats

SPass Rejected because of Social Security

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
tjwill

SPass Rejected because of Social Security

Post by tjwill » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:41 am

Hi, I'm Indonesian recently graduated and I hold BA cert.

My Spass just rejected by the reason of "Social Security" and the authorities gave a red light for my company to appeal or question further this issue.

I am seeking a help of understanding this Social Security issue, because what I recall I have been given a warning because I smoke on non-smoking area 4 years ago.

Please help me if any of you have information on this issue.

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:57 am

Are you Indonesian Chinese?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tjwill

Post by tjwill » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:10 pm

yes sir, I am

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:48 pm

Unsure unless something turned up in a background check on your family in Indonesia. Normally Indonesian Chinese, if rejected, will not give a specific reason like that, so I'm really at a loss here. I wouldn't think the smoking thing would be relevant, especially if only a warning. :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tjwill

Post by tjwill » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 1:35 pm

Thank you for the reply, it's weird because my family don't have any internal relation or offence in Singapore. In facts I have been studying here in Singapore for the past 5 years (diploma - BA) and the problem just came up today directly from MOM stated that I am not legible to work here and they ask my company to look for another candidate. Reason due to Social Security issue.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 1:36 pm

I don't think the smoking thing is relevant; it's not criminal anyway.

Unless you give us more info on possible reasons or your personal and family background, it would mostly be speculation. Anything related to Singapore immigration (e.g., overstaying, making visa runs) would be most relevant.

tjwill

Post by tjwill » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 4:11 pm

I don't have any issues on immigration and stuff, this issue just came up and I am completely un-aware of any event regarding to this Social Security.

I recall that I have used a long-term pass to study (during my BA period recently) and ICA question this, but I have all the supporting documents that my school and ICA did approve my study using long-term.

But today they didn't mention anything about my misused long-term pass. They just jump into a conclusion that I am no longer legible to work in Singapore.

tjwill

Post by tjwill » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 4:16 pm

anyway is there any possible way if I go down to MOM and ask about this issue? And will the give me the reason? And if it's really something that I didn't do, will they be able to "clean-up" my name?

I'm pretty sad because I just got a job here :???:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 16 Oct 2013 4:22 pm

tjwill wrote:anyway is there any possible way if I go down to MOM and ask about this issue? And will the give me the reason? And if it's really something that I didn't do, will they be able to "clean-up" my name?

I'm pretty sad because I just got a job here :???:
Just try and see. You will never know.