Singapore Expats

Chances of SC application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lancelotalbion

Chances of SC application

Post by lancelotalbion » Sun, 13 Oct 2013 12:08 am

Hi All,
I'm a newbie here.. just found out about this form through Mr Google :D

Appreciate if the seniors here can give me some advice/opinion on my and my friend's chances for SC application. we're planning to apply for SC some time in early 2014 (around jan or feb)

Me:
1. Male, single, 25 yrs old, Indonesian Chinese
2. Have been living in SG for 8.5 yrs, PR since Jan 2010. spent the first 4 years in SG studying in uni.
3. Bachelor degree from NTU
4. I worked in private sector for 2yrs. Currently working in 1 of the statutory board for 2.5yrs.
5. Last notice of assessment is 60K++ (incl bonuses)

My friend:
1. Female, single, 25 yrs old, Indonesian Chinese
2. Have been living in SG for 7.5 yrs, PR since Jan 2012. spent the first 4 years in SG studying in uni.
3. Bachelor degree from NTU
4. She's been working in private sector for 3+ yrs
5. Last notice of assessment is 45K++ (incl bonuses)

Appreciate if you could give any views on this. Thanks a lot! :)

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:05 pm

The norm is that the ideal time to apply for SC is after the first REP renewal.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Mon, 28 Oct 2013 4:30 pm

Do your PR approval letter state "We are pleased to inform you that you and your family members are eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship after two years of permanent residence in Singapore."?

lancelotalbion

Post by lancelotalbion » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 6:30 am

tidus12000 wrote:Do your PR approval letter state "We are pleased to inform you that you and your family members are eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship after two years of permanent residence in Singapore."?
Hi tidus, there's no such statement in my PR approval letter.. does this mean that the chances of applying for citizenship is quite slim??

thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 6:48 am

No, it just means you would probably not be successful until after you have renewed your re-entry permits the first time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

maidsrch

Post by maidsrch » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 1:30 pm

tidus12000 wrote:Do your PR approval letter state "We are pleased to inform you that you and your family members are eligible to apply for Singapore Citizenship after two years of permanent residence in Singapore."?
I was under the (wrong?) impression that this is standard verbiage on all PR Approval letters. Is that not the case?

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 4:59 pm

I have seen PR approval letter with that statement.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 7:32 pm

They have several different letters that they use. Just as they have several different rejection letters that, by intent, we can surmise what they are indicating based on lots of anecdotal evidence that we have gotten over the months/years here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lancelotalbion

Post by lancelotalbion » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:46 pm

maidsrch wrote:
I was under the (wrong?) impression that this is standard verbiage on all PR Approval letters. Is that not the case?
nope, there's no such statement in my approval letter.. maybe i'll just give it a try and hope it'll all go well :D