Singapore Expats Forum

Executive Chef wishing to relocate to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

chefmichael

Executive Chef wishing to relocate to Singapore

Postby chefmichael » Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:27 pm

Experienced Executive Chef with 19+ years throughout Australia, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands. Trained in Australia in all aspects of the Culinary Arts,
ie: AUSTRALIAN,ITALIAN,FRENCH,INDIAN,MEDITERANEAN,MEXICAN,JAPANESE (SUSHI & SASHIMI),MELANESIAN,TAHITIAN,BANQUETS,BUFFETS,AL A CARTE,FAST FOOD,TABLE D’HOTE,Tapas,ect.

Wishing to relocate to Singapore or surrounding areas, seeks any helpful information that can be given regarding such a move also any information/knowledge of any vacant positions that might be available or coming up in the near future. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time

Chef Michael Armstrong
chefmichaelarmstrongpng@yahoo.com.au

[/u]

Francis28

Postby Francis28 » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 6:48 pm

Hi micheal,

Why would you fancy a move to SG? It's impressive that you are able to work in so many different places, and at least to me, they all sound like better locations for a career in culinary arts than Singapore ... =)

Cheers

Postby Guest » Sat, 15 Jan 2005 3:24 am

Francis28 wrote:Hi micheal,

Why would you fancy a move to SG? It's impressive that you are able to work in so many different places, and at least to me, they all sound like better locations for a career in culinary arts than Singapore ... =)

Cheers

Hi Cheers,
Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, Yes some of the places that I have been able to work in in the past have been great, that is one of the great things about my trade, you can get to travel all over the world. Why SG, my question to you is ( WHY NOT ) I have always wanted to live in Asia so why not make SG a start. From what I have been told SG can be a great place to live, it all comes down to what you want to make of it.

Chef michael

cormoran

Postby cormoran » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 3:04 pm

hi Micheal,

I am a french chef looking for a job also in singapore so if you find a place to work and need a good and motivated second in your kitchen, please send me an email at hipocampe63@yahoo.com.

Good luck in your research.

Cormoran