Singapore Expats

Customer service the Singapore way

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:10 am

Yep, Melt is good. We used to be pretty regular there for the Sunday brunches. No complains of any type.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:17 am

x9200 wrote:Yep, Melt is good. We used to be pretty regular there for the Sunday brunches. No complains of any type.
I was there once with 5 other lads. We came as they were opening and left when (or after) they closed. They most certainly didn't make a profit on us that night... We had so much to drink. Not sure how that +20$ free flow works for them, as one glass of white wine is 14$++ ?! Extremely good value for money as they serve fresh scallops, sushi, clams, crayfish.... Always a place I recommend to anyone. A few pics on this site:

http://www.yummyfoodbook.com/hotel-buff ... singapore/

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:18 am

PrimroseHill wrote: Did well.
1. Decided to go to Bali last minute during CNY this year. Changi packed. However, more counters were open to cope with the number of travellers.

Myself and my other half went to HK at the school holiday week some time ago.... I went SQ and they went Jet*.

SQ-T3, Massive FAIL. Took me about 40-50min to check in and I was still lucky I arrived when I did because 15min later when I'd hardly moved, the queue length had doubled from when I arrived.

My wife and son, on the other hand, taking Jet* where through check-in and immigration within 10-15min of arrival.

The term, 'You get what you pay for' strangely doesn't quite add up here.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:32 am

Fortan wrote:
x9200 wrote:Yep, Melt is good. We used to be pretty regular there for the Sunday brunches. No complains of any type.
I was there once with 5 other lads. We came as they were opening and left when (or after) they closed. They most certainly didn't make a profit on us that night... We had so much to drink. Not sure how that +20$ free flow works for them, as one glass of white wine is 14$++ ?!
This is the question I always ask myself. I am talking about all these type buffet brunches with free flow of not that cheap alcoholic beverages, M&C, VC, some other. As per my calculation they never make any direct profit on myself and my wife but my thoughts are that we (and perhaps "Westerners in general) are just a fraction of the customers, probably 20-30% max depending on the place, and locals are much more reserved and careful with drinking in public.
Another reason that I could think about is that they are subsidized to promote the brand (the beverage and the place), so it is just a marketing strategy.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:36 am

Fortan wrote:
I was there once with 5 other lads. We came as they were opening and left when (or after) they closed. They most certainly didn't make a profit on us that night... We had so much to drink. Not sure how that +20$ free flow works for them, as one glass of white wine is 14$++ ?! Extremely good value for money as they serve fresh scallops, sushi, clams, crayfish.... Always a place I recommend to anyone. A few pics on this site:

http://www.yummyfoodbook.com/hotel-buff ... singapore/
Looks good. Gonna bookmark that place to try next time!