Singapore Expats

F&B Adventure - Expat meetup

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 1:44 pm

Getting 30-50 people to come on a once a month event???

:roll:

I've been here too long and organized too many to even be optimistic about that...

Hey GSentosa, if you ever come back here with a different name or just visiting, why don't you consider going to Meetup.com and make it yourself?

"Experiencing different types of restaurants and bars in Singapore".......yeah, unfortunately you're barking up the wrong tree here, sorry. Most of us that stays here in the forum already does that enough with our own group of friends, or with new little groups instead of 40 people who you will never get in touch with ever again...

The prospect of meeting 60 different people just to exchange namecards just never appeals to me...(obviously I'm not the networking type)

PS.
What event were you talking about that you came yesterday? WNDC, or one of the 20's club after work gathering at Crazy Elephants?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 1:57 pm

Don't think he's gonna be able to answer your question. At least with that nick anyway. Unless, that is, he takes my advice and contacts Admin and gets an advertising package, as we'll unlock his account then. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 3:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And that, my friends, is exactly what I was talking about. He is a commercial events promoter and is soliciting business. Sorry guys, but wave buh-bye to the organizer. :wave:

Stevie_W, now do you understand? Call it intuition after you have been moderating a forum like this for around 6 years and been a member here for 9 years. The posts carry a certain pong that's virtually unmistakable.

Yeah i see it now from that last post of his. But tbh, i wouldn't have been able to tell from his initial post.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 5:12 pm

After so many years it gets to be a sixth sense as it were. Gut intuition. Nobody joins a forum such as this without needing help of one sort or another (that what we do here). He waltzed in a immediately decided he was going to organize gatherings. We had them do in before over the years. The odds of a normal newly registered member doing that fairly remote. Additionally, that combined with his nick, well, it just got my spidey-senses tingling.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers