Singapore Expats Forum

Adopting a dog?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 21 Oct 2013 4:48 pm

Suey267 wrote:Hi, I am shortly to move to Singapore and am thinking of dog adoption. I am actually looking for some practical advice! I will be living alone and working full time and wondered how others actually manage the day to day care of a dog? Is it easy to organise help during the day? I am a keen hiker and so would spend much of my free time out and about at weekends/evenings. I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing and have looked into it properly before I make the commitment.

Don't adopt a dog in your situation please.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Mon, 21 Oct 2013 4:53 pm

Suey267 wrote:Hi, I am shortly to move to Singapore and am thinking of dog adoption. I am actually looking for some practical advice! I will be living alone and working full time and wondered how others actually manage the day to day care of a dog? Is it easy to organise help during the day? I am a keen hiker and so would spend much of my free time out and about at weekends/evenings. I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing and have looked into it properly before I make the commitment.

I don't think it is good to have a dog in your situation.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:19 am

the lynx wrote:

I don't think it is good to have a dog in your situation.

get a fish, with one of those fancy "internet feeding" systems . so you can remote feed the fish ;)

BTW, if not mentioned, one more place for adoption.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Purely-A ... 94?fref=ts