Singapore Expats

PR application > pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hitz_83

PR application > pending

Post by hitz_83 » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:32 am

Hi All,

Seeking your advice, I and my wife had applied for PR in first week of March 2013.

It has been 7 months now, but it still shows pending.

My background> On EP (P1) in singapore since Nov 11, Salary around 12k pm +.

My wife started working after the application and we had informed them through mail and send them additional documents such as My 2012 tax assesment etc.

What do you think is likely result and what could be the time line we should wait for?

Thanks

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 12:45 pm

I'd suggest you use the search function above and read up on the many other threads of a similar nature. You'll see that it can sometimes take 1 year + for the answer to come through and there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation beteen the processing time and the success/failure rate. Look on the bright side - at least you havent been rejected up to now...

If you want feedback on your likely chances for success, you'll need to give more details, such as your nationalities, race, qualifications, children, etc. (see the other threads for the info normally given). Even then, keep in mnd that all we can provide here is educated guesswork - the ICA play their cards close to their chests, and rightly so IMO.

From what you have stated, it looks early to me for you to be applying for permanent residence (only ~1 year in Singapore at the tme of application).
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 12:53 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:From what you have stated, it looks early to me for you to be applying for permanent residence (only ~1 year in Singapore at the tme of application).
I agree with the above as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 2:11 pm

What's the rush? You need to get PR to get red passports to jump rock to somewhere else?

IF you're REALLY going to PR and have stables jobs waiting a year should be a no brainer.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:20 pm

PNGMK wrote:What's the rush? You need to get PR to get red passports to jump rock to somewhere else?

IF you're REALLY going to PR and have stables jobs waiting a year should be a no brainer.
How is a red passport a stepping stone to somewhere else? Am I missing something?

I know it's NOT a stepping stone to the USA. Please help me understand what countries is it a stepping stone to?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 9:46 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:What's the rush? You need to get PR to get red passports to jump rock to somewhere else?

How is a red passport a stepping stone to somewhere else? Am I missing something?

I know it's NOT a stepping stone to the USA. Please help me understand what countries is it a stepping stone to?
Singapore has an grossly underutilized work visa class in the US under the FTA (google for the exact number but there are several thousand allocations unused last time I checked). Hence the rush by subconts to get red passports as a shorter way to the land of their dreams. So you're wrong. This is what has driven a lot of the subcont PR -> SC -> Red Passport -> Jumping stone issue and the local Sinkies are fully aware of it and fully pissed off about it. ANYONE who applies for PR on that basis should have a millstone tied around their neck and be pushed off to swim all the way to the land of their dreams.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:34 am

PNGMK wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:

Singapore has an grossly underutilized work visa class in the US under the FTA (google for the exact number but there are several thousand allocations unused last time I checked). Hence the rush by subconts to get red passports as a shorter way to the land of their dreams. So you're wrong. This is what has driven a lot of the subcont PR -> SC -> Red Passport -> Jumping stone issue and the local Sinkies are fully aware of it and fully pissed off about it. ANYONE who applies for PR on that basis should have a millstone tied around their neck and be pushed off to swim all the way to the land of their dreams.
Lol! For someone to change citizenship from a continent to an island city just to work in the US?
I dont know what to say.

In fact the odds of getting a H1B visa to the US are higher than getting citizenship in Singapore. This year the lottery was like just 1:2. Many of my friends who applied this year got their H1B.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:02 am

Australian immigration point system do not give more points for being a singapore citizen compare to other Asian countries.
I don't know where is this fantasy of "stepping stone" is coming from.
Correct me if i am wrong.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:22 am

tidus12000 wrote:Australian immigration point system do not give more points for being a singapore citizen compare to other Asian countries.
My exact thoughts. Its not a case of stepping stone. Its more of a case of "Lets secure, Singapore first, if nothing else works out, come back to Singapore. But meanwhile I will give my best shot at US, Aus, Can, UK etc"

Stepping stone are cases like Canada-USA. If you have Canada PR, its easier to work in the US or something like that. Similarly, AU-NZ. If you get NZ PR you can work in AUS.

Singapore citizenship is only good for going into Malaysia to do petrol runs without needing visa :lol: :P :lol:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:27 am

Wd40 wrote: Lol! For someone to change citizenship from a continent to an island city just to work in the US?
I dont know what to say.
A few do, but that's a minority of a minority, and same goes for all other nationalities who take up SC .. not just Sub-cons .. so ..
Wd40 wrote:In fact the odds of getting a H1B visa to the US are higher than getting citizenship in Singapore. This year the lottery was like just 1:2. Many of my friends who applied this year got their H1B.
Exactly .. some have to smell the real world :)

To date, I never heard of anybody from Sub-con doing a strategic plan of taking up Red passport as a quick way to US .. though some have, as I said before, used the Red passport to do temporary stints in US .. and then didn't like it there ..

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:38 pm

tidus12000 wrote:Australian immigration point system do not give more points for being a singapore citizen compare to other Asian countries.
It's considerably easier to travel with the Red passport.... than the subcon one. Just saying.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 12:46 pm

PNGMK wrote:It's considerably easier to travel with the Red passport.... than the subcon one. Just saying.
I see. U means "stepping stone" for easier travel. :lol:

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 1:11 pm

PNGMK wrote:
It's considerably easier to travel with the Red passport.... than the subcon one. Just saying.
As things stand currently, there is a much higher probability that a subcon guy will get an Australia PR, without even stepping into the country than getting Singapore PR, even after working here for a few years. So what stepping stone are you talking about?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 2:03 pm

Wd40 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
As things stand currently, there is a much higher probability that a subcon guy will get an Australia PR, without even stepping into the country than getting Singapore PR, even after working here for a few years. So what stepping stone are you talking about?
No I disagree. I routinely send people into Australia and Subcons are just below my shit list after Syrians, Afghans and Pakis (in that reverse order, Syrians are just a disaster for visas right now, even though they are one of the best sources for trained OnG engineers). 457/456 visa approvals are much slower for Subcons than even Indos IME. I've never had an issue sending in a Sinky. I think this is your agro at not being a PR coming out again.

What I do find amusing (not) is how I now have to have MHA approval for all my client visits in India....

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 04 Oct 2013 4:30 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
PNGMK wrote: It's considerably easier to travel with the Red passport.... than the subcon one. Just saying.
No I disagree. I routinely send people into Australia and Subcons are just below my shit list after Syrians, Afghans and Pakis (in that reverse order, Syrians are just a disaster for visas right now, even though they are one of the best sources for trained OnG engineers). 457/456 visa approvals are much slower for Subcons than even Indos IME. I've never had an issue sending in a Sinky. I think this is your agro at not being a PR coming out again.

What I do find amusing (not) is how I now have to have MHA approval for all my client visits in India....
Your statements are completely irrelevant to the topic we are discussing. I dont care if Indons find it easier than Indians to get an Aussie PR.

Our point is Singapore is not the stepping stone. Period. You seem to have become a sinkie yourself. Just because you cannot prove your point, you bring everything else that is irrelevant, into the discussion :lol: