Singapore Expats Forum

WRITERS--fiction writing group wanted

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
LCT

WRITERS--fiction writing group wanted

Postby LCT » Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:05 am

I am hoping to start writing a novel but, like other writers, need other writers to motivate and criticize my work. Are there any fiction or creative non-fiction writers out there who want to start a small writing group? I'm a young, out-going, Ivy-educated American with a background in nonfiction (writing and editing). I'm in Singapore on a fellowship, but am not working in the writing world and don't know any writers here. Interested?

-Lauren

lets meet

Postby Guest » Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:15 am

hi lauren!

i am also in the process of writing on a novel. would be great to catch up sometime.

until soon!

girly_vanilla@yahoo.com

denise2

Postby denise2 » Thu, 06 Jan 2005 3:14 pm

I'm not a writer :(
But would you literary types know of any good book clubs?
You know the thing, discuss a book, drink wine :twisted: , gossip type thing?
denise

rickyguo

Postby rickyguo » Fri, 07 Jan 2005 4:08 am

im on the process of writing a book but im also young very young 13. and im also in canada. I sorta liked reading so after awhile i started to write my own. It's tiring. better if you can write 24/7 so if you have another job it can be a pain in the chocolate.
immortality cant not be gifted it can only be earned, so let your courage be your sword, let your faith be your shield and destiny guild you.

girl_abroad

Postby girl_abroad » Tue, 11 Jan 2005 4:14 pm

Hi all,

Over the holidays I'd been thinking of starting something along these lines so was happy to see these posts. I'm totally interested in both a book club, and separately in a writers group. I'm also American, working in Singapore, been here a bit...and hankering for some stimulation of the literary/writing sort! I'm working on some stories and would love to get together for mutual reading, critique, support.

To kick things off how about an initial get together at a coffee house next Tuesday, Jan. 18th? We can combine the writer/reader interests for a first meet and go from there?

Send me an email if you're interested and I'll post a final meeting time/place to the forum.

girl_abroad@yahoo.com

Cleo

Postby Cleo » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:26 am

How's interesting... I work with a Bridal Magazine company. I might be able to help a little even though I'm not one of those writers in the magazine doing the writing. I might be able to give ideas. I thought of writing a book which consists of Singaporean Teenagers. But I think it's way out of line... What do you think? Cheers...

mizzycleo@yahoo.com.sg

LCT

Postby LCT » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 3:31 pm

Girl Abroad,

I emailed you. Let me know your thoughts...

-LCT

denise2

book club

Postby denise2 » Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:25 am

Gril abroad, thats sounds great, except I am in Beijing on business all of next week :cry:
Back Sat 21st.
Can we do another day, or let me know how it goes. I'll email from home later...probably much later as I'm joining the bowlers, and they know how to drink beer!

Humanpilot

Book Writing

Postby Humanpilot » Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:14 am

I am planning to write a books for ages, but have not had the motivation. Maybe after knowing you ppl, i will have the courage and strength. Please email me if you pl are meeting to discuss any book writing thingy...
: 2005@starmail.com

Cheers

Vaish

Novel writing

Postby Vaish » Thu, 06 Sep 2012 1:36 pm

Anyone interested? I'm in the process of writing a novel and would love some feedback. We could swap writing.