Singapore Expats

ivf- immune treatment_ help!

Do you have any pregnancy related queries to ask or share? Post them here.
farah1985

ivf- immune treatment_ help!

Post by farah1985 » Wed, 02 Oct 2013 2:38 am

Dear all

We are ICSI patients staying currently in the United Kingdom. With the help of the immune programme treatment offered in the UK, we are hoping to carry the pregnancy to term as before that we struggled with several early pregnancy losses. We are now 4 weeks 3 days pregnant. We understand it is too early to know whether this pregnancy will continue. However, due to my partner's job, we will be leaving the UK to Singapore on the 30th of October for 2 years. Looking in the internet for clinics that deal with these types of treatment, We found clinics that use ivig.

However we are on the intralipids treatment which is cheaper and easier

Does anyone know if intralipid is offered in singapore? Or whether you know any clinics that might cooperate and help make our dream come true.

Looking forward to get a reply from you.

Yours Faithfully,

Farah

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 02 Oct 2013 7:30 am

The quality of Fertility treatment varies a bit in Singapore, however there are a LOT of fertility clinics and doctors here. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Check your insurance though, a lot of fertility treatment is not claimable on expat type insurance packages.

farah1985

Post by farah1985 » Wed, 02 Oct 2013 6:04 pm

Thank you PNGMK for your reply, I will definitely check my insurance. However I'm aware of the ridiculous prices of such treatments and unfortunately have no choice but to pay sometimes

I was hoping that someone is aware of these kinds of treatment and could give me some advice

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 03 Oct 2013 2:36 am

farah1985 wrote:Thank you PNGMK for your reply, I will definitely check my insurance. However I'm aware of the ridiculous prices of such treatments and unfortunately have no choice but to pay sometimes

I was hoping that someone is aware of these kinds of treatment and could give me some advice
My son is courtesy of Prof Chris Chen at Gleneagles Hospital. Try there maybe. Approx $8,000 per round from memory.

vickstars

Re: ivf- immune treatment_ help!

Post by vickstars » Tue, 30 Aug 2016 6:06 pm

Hi Farah1985.
I am new to this forum and searching for advice on IVF in Singapore. I too, have immune issues, which is treated with IVIG and intralipids here in the UK. I too, would like to continue my treatment in Singapore, but am struggling to find a clinic which follows an immunology protocol and offers intralipid infusions. Can you tell me how you got on in the end - can you recommend any one?

thanks

Vicky

torileetorilee

Re: ivf- immune treatment_ help!

Post by torileetorilee » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 4:21 pm

farah1985 wrote:Dear all

We are ICSI patients staying currently in the United Kingdom. With the help of the immune programme treatment offered in the UK, we are hoping to carry the pregnancy to term as before that we struggled with several early pregnancy losses. We are now 4 weeks 3 days pregnant. We understand it is too early to know whether this pregnancy will continue. However, due to my partner's job, we will be leaving the UK to Singapore on the 30th of October for 2 years. Looking in the internet for clinics that deal with these types of treatment, We found clinics that use ivig.

However we are on the intralipids treatment which is cheaper and easier

Does anyone know if intralipid is offered in singapore? Or whether you know any clinics that might cooperate and help make our dream come true.

Looking forward to get a reply from you.

Yours Faithfully,

Farah

My husband and I are having problems making a baby as well. I suggest you visit my doctor www.anntan.com.sg . I’m sure she’ll be a big help.