Singapore Expats

Reject PR - When can i apply again?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pamy007

Post by pamy007 » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 9:19 pm

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

I am Indian and married to a Singapore Citizen for the last 11 months now. I had applied for a PR almost 5 months ago and have been rejected with the following details.

---------------------------
Thank you for your interest in Singapore permanent residence (spr)
Marriage to a Singapore citizen of permanent resident does not automatically qualify a foreigner for immigration facilities including the grant of SPR Each SPR application is carefully assessed and considered on its own marits under prevailing guidelines. Among other things the ability of the sponsor to support his or her foreign spouse and family financially, whether the marriage iss legally in order and good conduct records of both applicat and sponsor are important considerations.

2 Having carefully considered your application with supporting documents we regret that your application is not successful. Nevertheless, your husband can continue to reside here on his valid long term visit pass.

3. If you require further assistance you may call ICA at 6391 6097
-----------------------------

I had submitted our property documents in singapore on my wife's name which is rented out and also our marriage certificate. I have also opened a new company in Singpore which deals in electronics. Also my wife's financial background is very sound and can support both of us.

Also we want to start a family in Singapore.

kindly advise how to go about it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 9:33 pm

Is your wife's income at least 3K/month? If not, it's not going to happen. You, apparently don't have an income as of yet. For the record, all Singaporeans who marry foreigners will have to have their foreign spouses sign that document stating you are aware that marriage will NOT automatically entitle you to PR. Too many 3rd world Asians trying to do that just to get PR and then leave their local spouse. Once you have been married at least three years or two years and have a child, then reapply. You will still probably get rejected, but at least you will have a slim chance. Very slim.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 9:57 pm

So at the time of PR application you were married for just 6 months? I think that is the problem. Wait for 2 years and re apply.

pamy007

Post by pamy007 » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:05 pm

Thank you....

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:19 am

Pamy: You got what you wanted, but will you please care to reply to what SMS asked about your wife's income?[/quote]

pamy007

Post by pamy007 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 12:54 am

Vishal Ji, I did not receive any sms regarding my wife's income.. whatever i received, I have put it on my post above in points 1 through 3...

regards

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Reject PR - When can i apply again?

Post by vishalgupta2 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 1:26 am

SMS=Sunday Morning Staple, the user.

I was asking you to please reply to his question about your Spouse's income.
pamy007 wrote:Vishal Ji, I did not receive any sms regarding my wife's income.. whatever i received, I have put it on my post above in points 1 through 3...

regards

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 1:16 pm

blur like sotong .... :D

vishalgupta2 wrote:SMS=Sunday Morning Staple, the user.

pamy007 wrote:Vishal Ji, I did not receive any sms regarding my wife's income.. whatever i received, I have put it on my post above in points 1 through 3...

regards
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

pamy007

Post by pamy007 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:09 pm

Vishal Ji, My Wife's income is not yet 3000k...

[quote="vishalgupta2"]SMS=Sunday Morning Staple, the user.

[quote="pamy007"]Vishal Ji, I did not receive any sms regarding my wife's income.. whatever i received, I have put it on my post above in points 1 through 3...

regards[/quote][/quote]

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 3:09 pm

Sheesh...

@pamy007: how much exactly does your wife make a month? Give us a figure; and "enough" is not enough.

Why?

Because apparently, ICA uses that information to judge what they--not you--see as enough.

To summarize:

* like what SMS says, if your wife makes < 3000 a month, you most probably won't get your PR. How do we know this? We don't but from our collective anecdotal evidence we hear from people, we deduced that is the case.

EDIT: pamy posted a reply before I posted this.

* as what others--including your fellow indian Wd40 says--stay married for 2-3 years (longer is safer) BEFORE APPLYING FOR PR AGAIN. Why? Because doing so shows ICA that you got married for love and not for permanent residence. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they'll give your PR; it only tells them you're dedicated to your wife and maybe, just maybe, in favor or you getting your PR.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

pamy007

Post by pamy007 » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 5:55 pm

Less than 3000...

PRconsultant

Post by PRconsultant » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 4:26 pm

First of all you would need to declare a reasonable salary for yourself since you have started the company. Or even better, show your company's P&L. Show that you are not living off your wife. Also, if your wife is working for MNC, try to get letter from her company to support your application.

It would be good to reapply again next year since that is the only timeslot left.