Singapore Expats

Acne and acne scar cream in singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
pohsimin

Acne and acne scar cream in singapore

Post by pohsimin » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 9:17 pm

My mother said when she was young, she use a cream that cure acne and acne scar which was like a toothpaste shape and the cream is peach colour, but just can't remember the name.. Is there any shop that sell a lot of old brands of product in singapore?

I am sick and tired of very thing.. It won't work, I even been to beauty salon and doctor...
si min

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Acne and acne scar cream in singapore

Post by BedokAmerican » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:03 pm

pohsimin wrote:My mother said when she was young, she use a cream that cure acne and acne scar which was like a toothpaste shape and the cream is peach colour, but just can't remember the name.. Is there any shop that sell a lot of old brands of product in singapore?

I am sick and tired of very thing.. It won't work, I even been to beauty salon and doctor...
I dealt with acne in the past and here's my take:

Creams/lotions purchased over-the-counter won't be effective in preventing acne. They are just a temporary solution to treat what has already appeared. What worked for your mom decades ago might not work for you, and beauty products come and go.

You need to see a dermatologist for medication, both oral and topical. The oral antibiotics will prevent the acne from appearing to begin with. Be sure and follow instructions. The only downside to antibiotics is that sometimes they'll quit working after a year or so and the doctor will have to either increase the dosage or prescribe a new antibiotic.

If you use a daily sunscreen or facial base/lotion, make sure it is noncomedogenic (oil free).

If you're a female past puberty, the acne could be hormonal. If you're not trying to get pregnant, you could go to an OB/GYN or a general practitioner and ask about one of the birth control pills on the market that'll help clear up acne.

pohsimin

Post by pohsimin » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 8:08 pm

But dermatologist very expensive.. :(
si min

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 8:37 pm

pohsimin wrote:But dermatologist very expensive.. :(
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It might be expensive now, but isn't it better than having a craterface complexion the rest of your life? :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 27 Sep 2013 8:42 pm

Some things are just worth spending money on. That said, do your research so that you know you're getting what you're paying for.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sat, 28 Sep 2013 7:40 am

High-end, over-the-counter creams that don't work are also costly. If you're concerned about dermatologist costs, try going to a general practitioner doctor. He or she might be able to get you started on antibiotics.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 9:42 pm

My own sibling had a similar problem as you. Tried everything, spend huge amounts of money but problem won't go away.

Some valuable advise: mix 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil / jojoba oil to 1 drop geranium, 1 drop bergamot, 1 drop eucalyptus, 1 drop rosemary and apply everynight to a clean face for 9 months and you will see improvement, which is permanent. some other simple things you can adjust to your beauty routine - use filtered water to wash your face. Water in singapore, no matter how clean they say the water is here, is brown. Put in a filter and see it for yourself. I had to clean my filter once every 2 days because the ceramic filter gets dark brown 2 days after scrubbing the filter!

pohsimin wrote:My mother said when she was young, she use a cream that cure acne and acne scar which was like a toothpaste shape and the cream is peach colour, but just can't remember the name.. Is there any shop that sell a lot of old brands of product in singapore?

Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

applezie

Post by applezie » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 8:27 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:My own sibling had a similar problem as you. Tried everything, spend huge amounts of money but problem won't go away.

Some valuable advise: mix 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil / jojoba oil to 1 drop geranium, 1 drop bergamot, 1 drop eucalyptus, 1 drop rosemary and apply everynight to a clean face for 9 months and you will see improvement, which is permanent. some other simple things you can adjust to your beauty routine - use filtered water to wash your face. Water in singapore, no matter how clean they say the water is here, is brown. Put in a filter and see it for yourself. I had to clean my filter once every 2 days because the ceramic filter gets dark brown 2 days after scrubbing the filter!

the oil needs to be from pure oil?

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:27 pm

yes!

so far jurlique sells them but they are pricey for a 5 -10ml. I order mine online from the US or UK and organic too for a reasonable price.

applezie wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:My own sibling had a similar problem as you. Tried everything, spend huge amounts of money but problem won't go away.

the oil needs to be from pure oil?
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

pohsimin

Post by pohsimin » Sun, 06 Oct 2013 9:03 am

thank you so much
si min

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:20 pm

If it persists better go GP, can get antibiotic lotions/sponge bottle (dalacin?) which are much more effective than over the counter.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:40 pm

In PNG when our acne got bad we would clean our faces with a tiny drop of methylated spirits on cotton wool. It does two things, removes the oil and kill the bacteria but it does sting.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:56 pm

My wife recommends physiogel cream.

Wen_XY

Post by Wen_XY » Fri, 22 Nov 2013 5:24 pm

My partner suffered from acne problems in his youth, he told me no amount of cleaning, cream or special diet prevented pimples from popping out. It got better after puberty, but he's quite affected by it. He's still very conscious of what he eats now.

candice86

Post by candice86 » Thu, 18 May 2017 11:25 pm

Can I know what kind of acne scars you have? Mind to show me your picture? I also faced with scne scars problems and it has been bothering me for quite some time, till I found an amazing remedy, tried an interesting product with years of R&D in Taiwan. Can I also know which beauty salon and doctor u went before?