Singapore Expats Forum

Suu Kyi calls Singapore materialistic

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Wd40
Director
Director

Suu Kyi calls Singapore materialistic

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 4:58 pm

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Re: Suu Kyi calls Singapore materialistic

Postby the lynx » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 5:01 pm

Wd40 wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/24/us-singapore-myanmar-suukyi-idUSBRE98N05520130924

:D

Oh boy, I'm now waiting for TRE to pick this one up and herald a new FT-flogging raid. As if the Burmese didn't get enough of those already.

Don't get me wrong, she meant well but I think she is oblivious to the grouses from the 'citizens' here regarding immigration.

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Suu Kyi calls Singapore materialistic

Postby scarbowl » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 8:11 am

the lynx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/24/us-singapore-myanmar-suukyi-idUSBRE98N05520130924

:D

Oh boy, I'm now waiting for TRE to pick this one up and herald a new FT-flogging raid. As if the Burmese didn't get enough of those already.

Don't get me wrong, she meant well but I think she is oblivious to the grouses from the 'citizens' here regarding immigration.
But just try reducing the quota for maids and the tune would change quickly!

PNGMK
Director
Director

Postby PNGMK » Sun, 29 Sep 2013 6:26 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Ms Kyi's attitudes to a few things have been bothering me for awhile. She's not the angel the MSM make her out to be and I'm a little concerned with her vision of the future for Burma.