Singapore Expats

Dutch speakers?

Want to learn a new language? Find someone who can help here.
twistlehop

Dutch speakers?

Post by twistlehop » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:54 am

Hi! Any Dutch speakers here? I'm looking to improve my spoken Dutch. In return, I can help you with Mandarin or English. I'm 23f, Singaporean.

Na een jaar in Amsterdam kan ik redelijk goed Nederlands spreken (denk ik) dus zal het niet TE vervelend zijn, om met me te spreken.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 6:55 am

Bang & Olufsen are really good, but they are expensive. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

twistlehop

Post by twistlehop » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 9:28 am

Is that a reply to the wrong post? Bang & Olufsen seem to be a Danish brand for electronics :p

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 9:49 am

twistlehop wrote:Is that a reply to the wrong post? Bang & Olufsen seem to be a Danish brand for electronics :p
You are quite right. ;-) My knowledge of Europe sucks in general. Guess you have to try Kharma or Phillips then. :-D
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:47 pm

I didn't get it until SMS' second post... :roll:

:lol:

Seriously though...I think she's serious, SMS...

How about looking for nickdutch? I have never met the guy, but he seems to be Dutch...if you're looking for a female one, I met one from the 30's club brunch...Emmie, I think...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:50 pm

I do too, but all work and no play makes SMS a dull boy! :cool:

twistlehop

Post by twistlehop » Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:35 pm

yeah haha for a moment I was... worried about you SMS. (Sgporeans don't use irony often - I guess I'm out of practice!) thanks Akimbo :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:02 am

twistlehop, I'm not Singaporean, although I've been here over 31 years. I'm a Yank! :cool:

twistlehop

Post by twistlehop » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:07 am

oh I wasn't assuming! just saying that I'm Sgporean. and out of practice with detecting irony.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 9:03 am

Most home-grown SGn I've met don't even understands the satirical comments that I made to some idiocy we both witnessed or heard...

Of course it could be because I mostly use American English, and they use hokkien-Singlish...because I could've sworn I see them laughing with each other after some chat that seems to be mocking something...maybe me?

Edit:
I saw your post from the language exchange...you're definitely not home-grown, twislehop :P

Also, du hast seit 2006 Deutsch gelernt, oder? Ich auch, und von Januar 2012 bis Juli 2013 habe ich in Goethe-Institut SG gelernt, aber nur B1...

Ich brauche Deutsche Konversation...mit Alkohol. Ich glaube, wir sprechen bessere Deutsche mit Alkohol. Ich habe es in Chiang Mai bewiesen. Hahaha.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Hortens

Post by Hortens » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Twistlehop, I speak dutch well. You can pm me en misschien kunnen we eens iets afspreken.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 9:50 pm

Apparently, we're going Dutch here :)

Twistlehop, als je na 1 jaar al Nederlands kunt spreken, dan petje af hoor, well done, given that Dutch can be pretty nasty. You obviously have a knack for languages.

twistlehop

Post by twistlehop » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:47 pm

Ja oké Hortens! Dat doe ik. Maar je woont in East Coast toch? Beetje ver voor me :( Bedankt Max, ik studeerde taalkunde en heb Duits gestudeerd... Dus was het een stuk makklijker te leren. En ik vind 't wel een mooie taal :)

Toen ik in NL woonde zat ik 3 uuren per week met een vrijwilliger (een 80-jarige man) om in het Nederlands te praten. Was heel leuk!

twistlehop

Hi!

Post by twistlehop » Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:57 pm

Hortens wrote:Hi Twistlehop, I speak dutch well. You can pm me en misschien kunnen we eens iets afspreken.
Hi Hortens! Ik woon in Boon Lay, heel ver van East Coast. Ga je misschien af en te na het centrum? :oops:

Elaine