Singapore Expats Forum

Swisshotel Vertical Marathon

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
lsingapore

Swisshotel Vertical Marathon

Postby lsingapore » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 5:19 pm

Hi all,
I have been in Singapore about a year now but lots of people come and go and friends here are not all that into running events..

In Singapore there is usually an event every month.

I was wondering if people wanted to set up a little group so we can meet and join the events together to stay motivated.

I was thinking of registering for the Swisshotel Vertical Marathon before it is full/closes.

Let me know what you think!

I am by no means an established runner but would like to get more into it. All abilities and girls/guys welcome!

Laura 26/f/UK

CatherineS

Postby CatherineS » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:01 am

Hi Laura,

I'd be up for this! I was just talking to another girl that I'd met last night that would be interested as well.

Just moved her last week so would be good motivation to get back into a regular training routine! If you want to shoot me an e-mail at cszulyk@att.net we could coordinate. =)

Catherine

lsingapore

Postby lsingapore » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:36 am

Hi Catherine, Awesome! I'll send you an email. Anyone else up for this?!

Laura

breakdown

Postby breakdown » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 2:16 pm

Hi. I am trying to get back into running and I'm looking for some people to run with on Saturday mornings or afternoons. Been running for the past 3 months, inconsistently. I hope I can join this group.

The last 10k run I joined was the Jurong Lake Run (7 July 2013). Will be joining The North Face 100 run (TNF100), under the 13k category which will be on the 5th of October. Hoping to run a full/half marathon before the year ends.

Oh, I am not into vertical marathons.

31 / M / Philippines

Thank you.

lsingapore

Postby lsingapore » Thu, 26 Sep 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Breakdown, I work all day Saturdays so won't be able to join you for that one. Have you looked at running clubs? I am a member of the one in Novena which runs every Tuesday evening outside the running shop in Novena Square. There are quite a few in Singapore!

ennyk

Postby ennyk » Mon, 18 Nov 2013 1:56 pm

I will be there! Mens open cat