who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Post Reply
kenneth2525
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 4:41 pm

who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

Post by kenneth2525 » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 4:48 pm

anyone could answer me some legal question on medical?
- how could I able to sue a doctor on misdiagnosis or medical malpractice?
- there is not much evidence except an MC obtain from the clinic!

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8778
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 23 Sep 2013 5:59 pm

Yes you can.
You need to have a legal expert review the case.
You might get a free initial consultation with a lawyer by ringing a few up and asking - they will advise on the likely success of your case. I've known people here who have been successful in having medico situations remedied (either medically or financially) with just the threat of legal action.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 9:23 am

kenneth2525 wrote:anyone could answer me some legal question on medical?
- how could I able to sue a doctor on misdiagnosis or medical malpractice?
- there is not much evidence except an MC obtain from the clinic!
well, what is your grouse anyway if I may ask ?

Did you go to a GP for a surgical solution ?

You can always complain to SMC .. if you REALLY DID GET MIS-DIAGNOSED or the Doctor did commit malpractice ...

or you just are another bloke who got mad you didn't get enough bang for your buck with your GP ?

kookaburrah
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:28 am
Location: SG

Post by kookaburrah » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 9:38 am

How much bang exactly can one expect from a GP anyway.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Re: who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 9:40 am

ecureilx wrote:
kenneth2525 wrote:anyone could answer me some legal question on medical?
- how could I able to sue a doctor on misdiagnosis or medical malpractice?
- there is not much evidence except an MC obtain from the clinic!
well, what is your grouse anyway if I may ask ?

Did you go to a GP for a surgical solution ?

You can always complain to SMC .. if you REALLY DID GET MIS-DIAGNOSED or the Doctor did commit malpractice ...

or you just are another bloke who got mad you didn't get enough bang for your buck with your GP ?
...And why did you post this in the 'Latest News' forum?
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 9:41 am

Mi Amigo wrote:.....And why did you post this in the 'Latest News' forum?
psst .. I was replying to OP .. so ..

kookaburrah: well, many expect GPs to do liver transplants on the spot, if they can get away with it .. :D (just kidding .. )

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39763
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:00 am

Shifted to Strictly Speaking. Hopefully now the OP can get some responses on his query.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: who can i turn to for free legal advice on medical???

Post by taxico » Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:40 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kenneth2525 wrote:anyone could answer me some legal question on medical?
- how could I able to sue a doctor on misdiagnosis or medical malpractice?
- there is not much evidence except an MC obtain from the clinic!
well, what is your grouse anyway if I may ask ?

Did you go to a GP for a surgical solution ?

You can always complain to SMC .. if you REALLY DID GET MIS-DIAGNOSED or the Doctor did commit malpractice ...
http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... laint.html

there are only 2 or 3 dual-trained practitioners (LLB+MBBS types) in singapore. if you have a genuinely complex medico-legal issue, they are the guys you should seek out...

sorry, can't recall any names right now. if you need them, please PM me.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests